cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim sign up

stitzm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I signed up with Public an created my account using the esim option, but upon setup I receive the following error:

"Phone is not ESIM compatible. You've currently purchased an ESIM along with your subscription. Unfortunately this phone is not ESIM compatible. Either continue your activation on an ESIM compatible device or contact a customer support agent to get a refund for your purchase."

My phone is an iPhone 12, which the Apple website, and public mobile (during sign up) stated is ESIM compatible. I purchased a public mobile sim card from a nearby store so I'm happy to use the physical sim but I don't see an option for me to change to that now?

How can I finish my activation?

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 

NP I thought this was a good option to solve their issue since I pm a CS_Agent over 2 weeks ago and again last Sunday (coming up to a week) but I haven’t got any responses (not even a quick message that they are swamped at this time) to my question. Just didn’t want any new members wait for a solution longer than my request. This would not be a good impression to new members about PM.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@stitzm 

Yes, your iPhone 12 is eSIM compatible. It is always better to use your previous carrier account number and not the IMEI. 
I will pm you the Porting Department number if you are porting your number over to PM.

If you are picking a new number, private message a CS_Agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

But call the number first to see if they can help.

Please refrainin from advising customer to call the porting department for issues that aren't porting related. While I understand that a number port was requsted, the porting department cannot fix a Public Mobile account activation issue. 

@stitzm wrote:

Hi @BKNS27  yes I am porting a number. If you could send me the support number for the Porting Department, that would be great. Thank you!

Please do not call the porting department (at this time) as they will not be able to help. Being unable to activate an eSIM isn't a porting issue.  Please remember that all support for Public Mobile is provided online.

stitzm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @BKNS27  yes I am porting a number. If you could send me the support number for the Porting Department, that would be great. Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stitzm the error message could be mislead8ng, maybe just eSIM installation problem

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@stitzm 

Yes, your iPhone 12 is eSIM compatible. It is always better to use your previous carrier account number and not the IMEI. 
I will pm you the Porting Department number if you are porting your number over to PM.

If you are picking a new number, private message a CS_Agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

But call the number first to see if they can help.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@stitzm  You can use this link to contact support and get them to SIM card swap the number for you .

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.