cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim not activated

Ganesh_Sanjivi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My esim is not activated and i registered . I did not respond yes to cancelling my old Bell account and now i have no service!

12 REPLIES 12

Bigjay83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Ganesh_Sanjivi If you are able to make/receive calls and text the port has been successfully completed. Welcome to Public Mobile! 🙂

@Ganesh_Sanjivi  Sweet we are happy to hear it and welcome to public mobile 🙂

Ganesh_Sanjivi

Ok . So after a reboot, i was able to message my old provider to cancel the service. I activated public mobile on my network settings and removed my old sim card. I am making calls now. I assume that the port has been completed?

Bigjay83

On your device go to settings then networks and enable both the Bell SIM and E-SIM. 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ganesh_Sanjivi 

If you no longer have service from your Bell SIM card then I would suspect that the port did in fact take place. One way to double check is if you can go on a computer, can you still see an active line when you login to your Bell account?

If the account is closed, please ensure that the PM E-SIM is the only sim active on the device and that it is enabled then try turning off your device and turning it back on. 

@Ganesh_Sanjivi  Use this direct link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ganesh_Sanjivi

I took the sim out and put it back in. I can't make calls or respond to texts. I have no service

I can't call the porting number with no service

JRod

@Ganesh_Sanjivi 

But if you were to put in your old Bell SIM card, do you have any service? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ganesh_Sanjivi  Have you rebooted the phone or tried to reset network settings ? The QR code should be in your welcome email and you can scan it and install if you haven’t already also 

Bigjay83

@Ganesh_Sanjivi How long ago did you start the port? You have 90 minutes to respond to your previous providers text message. Please ensure that you keep your physical SIM from your old provider active until the porting process is complete.

Ganesh_Sanjivi

Yes. I can't make any calls from this phone right now

JRod

@Ganesh_Sanjivi 

Hello! 

So am I understanding correctly that your bell account is still active as you didn’t respond to the text authorizing the port to take place? If this is correct, I can send you the number to a porting department to help you.

Just remember to keep your old sim in your phone to respond yes to the text you’ll receive on your old sim to authorize the port. Once your old sim loses signal that is your sign that the port has been completed and you can remove the old one and turn on your PM E-SIM and reboot the device.

Need Help? Let's chat.