cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM not working - Help

Jasmine91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Everyone

Just switched from Koodo to Public Mobile. Trying to get help from an agent via messages however no luck. eSIM fails to activate everytime and not sure. Had an eSIM with Koodo and had no issues.  Have an iPhone 13 mini if that helps.

Can any lead me in the right direction?

Thanks,

14 REPLIES 14

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to know! Thank you for that @Luddite ! 

@JRod  Just fyi: that Telus team can port a number from Koodo to PM even if the Koodo account cannot receive a text. My daughter did so from Koodo's home phone service by verbally authorizing both the port out and in. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Jasmine91, once your phone successfully ports over from Koodo to Public Mobile please use everyone’s suggestions

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line” is selected & reboot your iPhone. (If that isn’t enough reset network settings then reboot your iPhone) 

You probably did the same thing when you setup your Koodo eSIM.

Turn On This Line

JRod

It does seem really odd as you do have to reply to that message for porting but fortunately @Jasmine91 is in contact with the porting team so will hopefully have an update if rebooting the device didn’t fix it. 

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Jasmine91 , First, welcome to Public Mobile! The issue you describe is a dilemma. Once you delete an eSIM from your device, it cannot be reinstalled. The good news is that you never were able to reply to the text message with 'Yes', so after 90 minutes, the port request will automatically cancel. This should mean that your Koodo service is still active. Can you check your Koodo account to confirm this?

Next, I believe you said you couldn't install the Public Mobile eSIM. Is that correct? If so, have you checked Settings > Cellular on your iPhone to see if there is a Public Mobile eSIM installed already? If so, you might just need to toggle the "Turn on this line". If it isn't installed, then what do you see when you log into your Public Mobile online account? Do you see "continue activation", or do you have access to your new subscriber information?

@JRod wrote:

Hmm, the account does close when the port is successful. Have you tried rebooting your phone at all since trying to add the PM ESIM? 

@JRod , it does seem odd doesn’t it? I thought we had to reply YES to the text to authorize it to port to a different provider! I wonder if it’s stuck now?

JRod

Hmm, the account does close when the port is successful. Have you tried rebooting your phone at all since trying to add the PM ESIM? 

Jasmine91

I'm trying to get with Koodo support on their website. The issue is I have no phone right now and it seems my old self serve from Koodo is not longer active either....

JRod

I would engage with Koodo support. See what options they can give to get you access to your ESIM again. I’ve never been a Koodo customer so I’m not sure of the options. With PM you’d have to re-purchase a eSIM. Once you have it re-added call the number that I’ll send to you via your private messages. They will help you re-start the port

Jasmine91

Is it possible to add it back?

Jasmine91

The issue is it was an eSIM how can I add it again? Also the 90 minutes has passed.....

JRod

So if you never received a message on your old sim to authorize the port then you will need to re-add the old koodo sim in order to respond to it when you trigger the port again. I can send you a number to the porting department but you’ll need your koodo sim active on your phone in order to go through the porting process.

Jasmine91

Hey @JRod The old Koodo eSIM is deleted. But all of my messages from when I was with Koodo before the port and didn't reply. Is there another method to get Koodo to say yes?

JRod

@Jasmine91 

Have you tried adding the E-SIM via the QR code that you received via email? 
Did you reply yes to a text sent to your old sim authorizing the port? Do you still have service on your old sim? 
If you dont have service on your old sim and can see the esim in your settings but don’t have service , ensure it’s the only sim active and then reboot your device. 

Need Help? Let's chat.