cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM for United Kingdom visit

GPA12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iphone 11 and my wife has an iphone 10, we are both using Public Mobile as our carrier.  We are travelling to the United Kingdom for a holiday in August and would like to purchase an eSIM for use while we are there.  Does Public Mobile support this? I watched a video about adding an eSIM to an iphone 13 and the instructor said that if you don't see the workds "Convert to eSIM" under Cellular settings then your carrier does not support you adding a eSIM.  My iphone 11 says Add eSIM but does not say Convert to eSIM.

Thanks

GPA12

5 REPLIES 5

@GPA12 

I used Three UK sim card before, it's good, you can even buy from Amazon before your trip so you are all prepared

Another one I like is Lebara, you can buy them everywhere in UK easily

if you like to explore travel eSIM option, check Airalo, lots of choices in terms of prices, US$5 for 1GB for a week, US $10 for 3Gb for 30 days .. there are more different prices for different data amount

If your phone does not have esim then yes. Other providers appear to have far simpler methods of using an esim (in an esim phone) than here. Some providers even let you move the esim around.

A long time user around here may have something to offer you that you can receive here and activate here. @Luddite . I have an unused UK sim from him that I doubt I would use for the next long while but I don't need the referral reward that they offer. I'd be happy to send it to you. He goes there frequently so he would be happy to have your referral.

(is this soliciting? It's not me 🙂 )

GPA12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So for me that means buying a physical SIM card from a UK service provider for my phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GPA12  No sorry PM only works in Canada and the US with US roaming add on . Your best to bet a local pre paid SIM card in your destination 

Adding the iPhone 10 is not eSIM compatible anyways just iPhone XS and latter so the iPhone 11 does . 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public offers esim to NEW accounts. They don't have an ability to change to it. Public will not work in the UK either. Getting anything local like esims is up to the local provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.