cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM activation failed and unable to retry

UnholyCucumber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to Public and went through the app for the activation flow. I've selected the eSIM option (my device supports eSIMs and I was on Wifi). The activation failed and it won't let me retry (told me to contact support, which still hasn't gotten back to me).

I also tried installing the eSIM via the email QR code, but that also failed. Is there a way to reset the activation flow to try again? Seems like a bad design decision to have to go through support to retry (even though they don't really have support agents).

7 REPLIES 7

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@UnholyCucumber glad it worked out for you.

UnholyCucumber

I had to reinstall the app again and was finally able to get past the contact support page to change my SIM. Definitely one of the worst mobile apps I've had to use 😅

HI @UnholyCucumber 

after you have the physical sim, you will need to ask support to change it for you on the account

please message them again and provide them the new sim card number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

UnholyCucumber

Support finally got back to me, and because the app is stuck (won't let me retry or even buy a new eSIM), they recommended I buy a SIM. I just went to a Telus store to buy a SIM, and it doesn't work because the app is still stuck... 

UnholyCucumber

I don't have any service at all. I also don't see the eSIM under any of my SIMs. Appreciate the suggestions.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@UnholyCucumber you could also reboot your phone to see what happens. Sometimes also reset networks works. 

Do you currently have anything service at all?

In your device settings check to see if the esim shows up and make it primary or turn on this line and restart again.

If it still doesn't work then you could send meeassge and have to wait for a reply on next steps. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @UnholyCucumber 

so, you don't see any esim in the Sim Manager screen?

you can ask support agent to send you another esim qr code.  Message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.