cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM - Sim

Tomate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up and eSIM worked, do I need to remove my old SIM card from previous provider?

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Tomate 

As long as you've set your Public Mobile eSIM as your primary and you can make and take calls, make and receive text messages and also try some data like surfing google or use an app or two to make sure your data works, then for sure. You can remove your old providers SIM card. If you do have issues with anything above, please come back here and let us know. One of us will show you how to get more help.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tomate 

You don't need to remove the old physical SIM card (however it'll be unusable after the service is ported to the new e-SIM)

What's important is that under your device's cellular settings, that your device is 'pointing' toward the e-SIM to receive PM service from it.

I'd recommend you do remove the physical SIM card and discard it after all PM services are working on the e-SIM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tomate 

you are porting in your number from the old provider?

if you are, did you get a message from the old provider and did you reply YES?  Wait for the text and you can remove the other provider sim card after you reply YES

and for your PM sim card, make sure you test incoming calls on your PM sim card to confirm the port is completed

Need Help? Let's chat.