cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappointed

paullord
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was charged twice on my credit card for the same plan. Its not the first time. Attempts to get this fixed go nowhere. I will therefore cancel my public mobile plan and sign up with another carrier. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which company has good plans, good service and reasonable rates?

12 REPLIES 12

hunnybunny
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @paullord 🙂 Any experience I have had with pm have been nothing but great. I know your flustrated but just give them a little time to get it fixed. These things happen not just with pm I have had it happen with just using my card with purchase online once they know that it happened its usually pretty easy and quick to fix.

Also if you shop around you cant really get a better deal for your money than with these guys. Heck I dont know anyone who gives you $ rewards just for chatting and talking and just helping out :). Also wants to know what you think as well and wants to fix what we all agree is wrong. So hey just have some patients and i bet they will have it fixed by the days end.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@paullord

Thank you for pointing this out. I can understand that your patience is running a little dry as this is the second time that your faced with this issue.

I would go along with @Cyber recommendation and send us a web form. As soon as we receive it we will be able to treat it.

Hang in there, will get this fixed for youSmiley Happy

Thank you for your patience!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^ not sure why the truth bothers you, How would you feel if you had a credit card say with a $200 limit and you have a couple of very important PAC setup and because of this issue your PAC payments bounce and on top of that I send you an email saying we never charged you. Are you sure you a Retired Law enforcement?

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

I'm quite sure that you know what libel is.

You're lucky.

Considering how many times you've accused PM of stealing, I would permanently ban you for making libelous statements.

chukdefatey
^no I haven't . But What I do know is PM is in Beta so it's ok for them to steal from you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

Have you ever heard of the legal term "libel"?

chukdefatey
@paullord, PM is in beta which means it's normal for them to steal from you. I think you should consider your self lucky because you were charged twice on two different occasions , there have been people who got charged many many times and still haven't received service.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

If you became a customer before January 27, 2015, you can call Public Mobile at *611via your cell, or 1-855-4PUBLIC from any telephone in order to speak with live customer assistance. If you became a customer after the above date, there is no point in calling either of the numbers because you will not be able to contact customer assistance.

Why are you trying to set up a self-serve account if one already exists?

I presume that the telephone system automatically disconnected your call because it couldn't find your account due to the fact that you became a customer after January 27, 2015.

Wishbone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am trying to no avail to reach a live person at thi s company. Cannot call 611, cannot set up an account as one already exists, phone says it cannot find my account and disconnects every time. How on earth do you reach an operator? Perhaps this is a sign to run (not walk) away from this company! Very frustrating! Help!!!

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@paullord,

Public Mobile is a prepaid service without call centre.

If you are a PIONEER customer (before January 27, 2015), you can dial *611 from your mobile and have your issue fixed by phone.

Else, for your billing issue, you have to send an email to Public Mobile.

How to send an email ?

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose "

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

An agent from Public Mobile will try to answer you ASAP.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
What @Martin said^

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The billing department sometimes has a problem with double-billing. It has happened to me, too.

If you contact PM, you will receive an immediate credit for the over-charge.

As you know, PM is in Beta, and glitches will occur, from time to time, until the system operates perfectly.

I sincerely suggest that you not abandon the company. The company is committed to openness and transparency, and practises both. Do you think that Bell or Rogers do? If you don't know the answer, it's "no".

Hang in there. Public Mobile is steadily improving, perfecting its system.

If for no other reason, stay to save $$$. The other carriers will legally pick your pocket!

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.