cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different phone number on phone from imported number

Lmowrey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had my phone number imported from telus to this samsung. The imported number was xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. the phone#

showing on my transaction summary shows the same #. On my phone under contacts the number is *****

with a blue check mark above it.  This is a Vernon,BC #. I would like you to remove this number from my phone &

make the imported # (******) as my primary & only mobile #, please.

My account number is  ********.

Edited by moderator**

18 REPLIES 18

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Lmowrey 

I assume you ported your number from Telus 1 month ago and your phone was working.

Try these 2 suggestions:

1. Reboot your phone by powering off the phone and hold down the phone button then power off and power back on.

2. Check for any outage in your area from this map: https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

An outage is possible and would explain calls not coming in, but generally, that wouldnt't make the caller hear a nubmer out of service message.

@Lmowrey wrote:

I can't call anyone or get calls . My daughter called both numbers & it says number not in service.

The number on the account is the imported number from telus.

Your account showing the number that you requested to port in doesn't actually indicate anything about the success or failure of the request.  It says that as soon as the request has been submitted (before the valadity of the request is even verifired).  The troubling part is how the number says out of service. That should not be happening.  Was your Telus service active at the time to move it to Public Mobile was made?  If you had previously asked to cancel the Telus service, the number wouldn't be transferable.  You're going to need to contact a customer support agent to open a ticket. Please use the chatbot to do that. https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Lmowrey 

Please note that this is a public forum open to the public so please remove your personnel information or you will get Spammed.

Click on reverse V in circle and remove.

@computergeek541 or any Oracle can assist?

I see a CS_Agent has edit your post so they will contact you.

I've removed the infromation from the post but a CSA is unlikely to contact the customer. It's up to the customer to open a ticket.

@Lmowrey   You need to select the down arrow top right of your post (no 3 dots), then edit and then you can edit or delete whatever you want from it.  However, if you're trying to edit your post in your other thread, then the personal details have already been edited from it by CSA and oracle computergeek.

You can't. All you can do is clear the contents. But you don't need to. There's now nothing private there. And leaving questions can be helpful for future customers.

@Lmowrey 

Click on the three little dots at the upper page right corner and edit your post to nothing at all, by using backspace function.

You can't really delete your original post, yourself. It's the next best thing though 😉

Lmowrey

How do I delete my original posting?

@Lmowrey 

I assume you ported your number from Telus 1 month ago and your phone was working.

Try these 2 suggestions:

1. Reboot your phone by powering off the phone and hold down the phone button then power off and power back on.

2. Check for any outage in your area from this map: https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lmowrey   CS Agent hasn't removed all your personal info from your post, so you still need to edit and delete the tel. # as already advised, or maybe @computergeek541 can do the edit for the number and your name.

edit:  thanks @computergeek541 for editing the tel/ #, OP's name also needs editing. 

@Yummy 

I see that a CS_Agent has edit the OP post and will contact the OP.

I have added additional information to OP.

You just paste an image into your post.

Yummy_0-1668016818797.png

Is this the number you see in your account profile? Not the red circle...the number shown where the image has all the 6's. And while in your account, is it showing as Active?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/70801i5E165B9BAE57A090/imag...

(I don't know at this moment how to put in the actual image other than making my own copy. But thanks softech.

dust2dust_0-1668016966554.jpeg

lol duh. Thanks @Yummy .

This 'solution' has no sense. How does it solve OP's issue?

Yummy_0-1668015811393.png

Lmowrey

I can't call anyone or get calls . My daughter called both numbers & it says number not in service.

The number on the account is the imported number from telus.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Please remove all those numbers from public forum. You are communicating with customers like yourself not PM staff.

Most important is WHICH number other see when you call them and can they reach you at your ported number.

'Contact number' as part of your file is not that important as PM will never call you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lmowrey 

Please note that this is a public forum open to the public so please remove your personnel information or you will get Spammed.

Click on reverse V in circle and remove.

@computergeek541 or any Oracle can assist?

I see a CS_Agent has edit your post so they will contact you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yeah way too much information.

When you call someone what does their caller id show as the number calling them (assuming you don't hide your number)? What number is shown on your login account profile (not on the phone, the account?

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lmowrey  Use the little upside down arrow to remove /edit your numbers and account number .. someone I’m sure will have a solution for you shortly…

Need Help? Let's chat.