cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diabled account

Gill4172
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am new to PM. (less than 90 days) my account, which should be in good standing I received a text stating payment was received this month.

at some point yesterday I lost data, the ability to call out or receive calls. When I went to look for answers on Self serve, to verify payment, I found that my account had been disabled. *611 will not work, I cannot log in. 

Have read about moderators. haven't figured out how to reach one yet.

have tried some simple things found in some posts but nothing has worked so far. rebooting phone, and air plane mode, going to try removing the SIM card next...

help! PLS!

14 REPLIES 14

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gill4172 

I didn't know that this could happen?!! I hope pm makes it up to you.

@Gill4172 

Thank you for reporting back. As I suspected it was a chargeback that caused the problem. I never use Simple--Simon I prefer to use the private messaging method I posted earlier. ( Mind you that's not working for me currently but that is solely an issue in my private messaging that would not affect yours.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gill4172 : Holy guacamole. Wow. Through no fault of your own and completely unbeknownst to you the company had quietly started using credit card processors that look to the credit card system as being from Koodo.
You quite entirely rightly see a charge from a company you have no business with and did a chargeback. Now this.

@J_PM : this is a completely bad outcome, even a predictable outcome, of your company using a Koodo-fronting payment system for this place.

This customer deserves like a year of service for this screw-up completely caused by the company that has so inconvenienced this customer.

Gill4172

Absolutely. I was told there was a chargeback from my first bill.

The itemized line on my credit card bill which arrived a month later was for a KOODO Top up, from a different province: I did not recognize the charge and reported it as fraud. The card was cancelled and a new card issued. 

In the mean time a payment to Public Mobile had been itemized to my card. When I tried to login to change the card number on file I found I was unable to login at all. And the mess  began...

the folks here in the community have been wonderful and helpful. Being a newby, I tried everything suggested!

I still like the product, i do however think Simon needs a reboot. A more direct route to a CSA is required for disabled accounts. If I had been more literate in the community board initially I could have saved much time.

If I had been unable to spend an entire day off + working towards and searching out the resolution, my credit rating may have taken a serious hit.

As is, if the line had been itemized correctly on my bill in the first place none of this would have happened and I wouldn't now be going out in search of vouchers to rectify an issue I unwittingly unleashed upon myself!

but again to all who contributed and helped,

TY 

@Gill4172 

If you wouldn't mind please report back the reason the CSA tells you your account was disabled to help us help others. Thx

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gill4172 

if you a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca) review,, and i hope you not..

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@Gill4172 

Response times are within an hour. You will have issues submitting and verifying a ticket thru Simple--Simon with a disabled account and no service on your phone.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Gill4172 wrote:

TY one and all.

I have tried all of your device suggestions to no avail. Now I have messaged a Customer service agent. How long is response time usually?

I tried to submit a ticket but again Simon failed me. It would not let me sign into my Community account( I assume because I am already here) I was not willing to lose my life line and close out this page.

I have even contacted Credit card company to ensure payment was received. I don't get it!

Hope to hear back sooner than later, again TY.

@Gill4172 

Submitting a ticket is usually much faster (sometimes in 30 minutes). Have you tried using a browser in incognito mode?

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

Edit: @J_PM Maybe you could please verify why this client's account was wrongfully (?) closed.

@Gill4172 It usually takes 48 to 72 hours.

Gill4172

TY one and all.

I have tried all of your device suggestions to no avail. Now I have messaged a Customer service agent. How long is response time usually?

I tried to submit a ticket but again Simon failed me. It would not let me sign into my Community account( I assume because I am already here) I was not willing to lose my life line and close out this page.

I have even contacted Credit card company to ensure payment was received. I don't get it!

Hope to hear back sooner than later, again TY.

@Gill4172 

Is it st all possible that your credit card payment has been refused or a chargeback issued. O its been compromised and your credit card issuer has reversed or held the payment to pm. If this is the issue then payment will have to be made with pm vouchers.

Contacting customer support is needed regardless.

Unless of course your phone has been blacklisted?

Edit:

Scratch that last comment. That would not affect logging into your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gill4172   check the text and confirm when was the last payment date.. keep in mind that PM is running on 30 days cycle and not monthly.  Just want to confirm it is a not a payment missing issue.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Gill4172 wrote:

i am new to PM. (less than 90 days) my account, which should be in good standing I received a text stating payment was received this month.

at some point yesterday I lost data, the ability to call out or receive calls. When I went to look for answers on Self serve, to verify payment, I found that my account had been disabled. *611 will not work, I cannot log in. 

Have read about moderators. haven't figured out how to reach one yet.

have tried some simple things found in some posts but nothing has worked so far. rebooting phone, and air plane mode, going to try removing the SIM card next...

help! PLS!

@Gill4172 

CS Agents can be reached via:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"
or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.
After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

In the meantime, try your SIM in another phone if you can or at least re-install it.

Try to reset network settings.

Edit: You said you can't log in? What is the message you get exactly?

Have you tried using a browser in incognito mode?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Gill4172 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.