cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

declining a credit card payment from a card in perfectly good standing

mwalimugrafe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone had trouble paying their public mobile bill with their credit card, even though the credit card is in good standing?

7 REPLIES 7

JOEKIMO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have experience once. I tried several times all failed. Then I tried to use another credit card then it works fine.

@mwalimugrafe wrote:

I took out the apartment number, fixed the Postal Code

Thank you very much for feedback. At least now we know our advises Work!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mwalimugrafe 

The payment card info has to be very exact and match the card issuers billing statement info. If you have already made two attempted payments you have to wait out one full hour before trying again. Follow the guideline in the spoiler below but a few other tidbits to keep in mind....

1. Enter your info in the same language as your card issuer has for your account either English or Français.
  2. An apt or suite # added to the street address is usually accepted otherwise drop the apt or suite # altogether from the address.
  3. You may have to keep the space in the postal code and drop the last digit/number.
  4. Try #2 and #3 above on your second attempt at adding payment not your first attempt.
Spoiler

I just click on one time payment and in the middle of the page you can click on manage my card. Then I follow this procedure....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HI @mwalimugrafe   glad it all work out.  And I see you got good tips for posts from before. Yes, that is the great thing for Community, our tips are here and people can serve themselves

@mwalimugrafe    Great...glad you managed to figure it out yourself.  😊

mwalimugrafe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I took out the apartment number, fixed the Postal Code and the payment went through and I was able to set up autopay as well.  Thanks for those tips that I saw somewhere here and cannot find now in order to "cite" as a good neighbour.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mwalimugrafe   There have been autopay failures since April 1st for many.  If it was your renewal today and it didn't go through, then try making the payment manually by selecting the Payment tab and choose payment amount due or other.  One may work better than the other and then reboot the phone.  You can also try paying by dialing *611 on your phone if you know your 4 digit PIN with the payment card on account.

Need Help? Let's chat.