cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

berntsenP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling and may need some additional data.  I added 1 GB  to my $25/month plan.  However, after about 5 days I am notified that my data was used up.   This seems impossible as I rarely have used my phone in the past few days.!    

I would like public mobile to explain this.  BTW, can I just call someone from Public mobile?  This seems like a strange way to resolve an issue

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@berntsenP 

Was the notice you got was from your phone app?

Login to your account and it will show your up to date data usage.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you confirm you could actually see 1GB data add-on on your account?
Did you leave DATA On all the time? Some apps are Internet hungry and will suck off all your data in no time.

Can you check usage in self-serving account and see when data was used?

SMS from PM might not be accurate all the time...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@berntsenP   before reaching out to PM Support, check it yourself first

do you see any fund in Available Fund?  if you see $15 there, it could be that the money wasn't used to buy the add-on earlier

If available fund = $0, then you likely have bought it, check the Transaction history to confirm.  There should be 2 lines, one line about loading of fund, the other line about you used the fund to buy the 1GB data

Also, does the Add-on shows up on your My Account ?  If not it could be used up

Also, confirm again with the with Usage History page.  See if it shows you used 1GB or more in the last 5 days

Lastly, if you are on Android, check your device's Mobile Data usage page.  Change the cycle start day to 29th (5 days ago), then it will show you how much you used in the 5 days and which app used the data

If you are certain you didn't use that much, then open ticket with PM Support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.