cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data plan

sammiejacks9999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

My data is almost used up - successfully bought 2 - 200mb add-ons for $10 but my overview usage page still says that I am almost out - will the 400mb be applied to my acct?? Is there overage charges? If so, how much are they and will I just be cut off from the Net? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@sammiejacks9999 

Data add ons are one time purchases that don't expire. That means they continue to roll over each 30 days until fully consumed after you run out of plan data during your 30 day cycle.

The $15/1gb data add on is much better value than purchasing multiple $5/200mb add ons. ($15/1gb vs 5×$5/200mb=$25/1gb)

If you think you will consistently go over your data plan alottment then you should consider scheduling a change plan on next renewal to a higher data plan as plan data is much cheaper than add on data. If you have promotional plan data on your account you will lose it if you do change plans. Scheduled plan changes can be cancelled at anytime before your next renewal.

There are no extra charges, overages or hidden fees at public mobile. You only get what you pay for ahead of time. If it works then its included if it doesn't then it isn't or you have used it all up.

@sammiejacks9999 wrote:

Hi there, my overview page says "available funds - $10" which is how much add-on I bought. So I guess it was successful as my c/c was charged $11.30

@sammiejacks9999 ,

To apply the data to your account, now you just have to go back into the Addon tab and "Purchase" the addon you want...now that you have the funds to do so.

Make sense?

@sammiejacks9999  with the money there as "Available Fund", now you can head over and buy Add-ons.  Once this is done, your Available fund will be back to  $0 as they are used.  Reboot your phone and you will be good to go

sammiejacks9999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, my overview page says "available funds - $10" which is how much add-on I bought. So I guess it was successful as my c/c was charged $11.30

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to add the add-on and then make a payment.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sammiejacks9999  Beauty of PM is that there is no overage charge.  So, we just need to work with you to confirm you did buy the add-on or you will be cutoff from data until this is sorted.

pogkev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It generally takes a little bit of time to update on your selfserve account. There shouldn't be any extra charges since public mobile is a PRE-paid company, so you would have to pay for the service first before your able to use it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sammiejacks9999   Buying Add-ons is a 2 step process:

1. Load Fund

2. Actual buying of the Add-ons

After you completed both steps, reboot your phone.

Many people missed Step 2.  did you actually bought the Add-ons?  

What is showing as Available Fund on your My Account?

Did Transaction History confirmed that you both loaded the fund and bought the Add-Ons?

How about Overview Tab?  did it show the 2 add-ons you bought?  Send us a screeshot

Need Help? Let's chat.