cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

damaged phone

Rondrake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have a s5 samsung with a damaged screen...so i wanted to activate my LG flipphone in the mean time till i get to what direction i want to go on the other one...how can i activate it ....

18 REPLIES 18

@Rondrake wrote:

I bought a s9....the s5 has a broken screen..so i can t transfer data...so trying using password for Google services...its wrong..option to create new pass...verifing account 3options...1 they send for you tap yes and tap sign in....it doesn t recegnize that phone..2they send verification code...it shows up in notifications,but when I type it in....its the wrong code..mean while the s5 is getting everything by the sound of it..email address or phone no. nothing ..I have voicemail and phone...i just took sim out of one and used it the other...

Hi @Rondrake , It is a bit hard to understand what you said.

so your problem is with Google unable to validate you ?

or you are all good with the S9 now?

Rondrake

I bought a s9....the s5 has a broken screen..so i can t transfer data...so trying using password for Google services...its wrong..option to create new pass...verifing account 3options...1 they send for you tap yes and tap sign in....it doesn t recegnize that phone..2they send verification code...it shows up in notifications,but when I type it in....its the wrong code..mean while the s5 is getting everything by the sound of it..email address or phone no. nothing ..I have voicemail and phone...i just took sim out of one and used it the other...

Demand and Supply, when there are too many supplies and no demand, price would come down.

However, I think it could be just a Boxing Day price and it might go back to original price in a week.  PM likely going to wait and once the price back to original , PM price would be Great Deal!!   LoL

@HALIMACS wrote:

And this is from an Oracle, @Rondrake !!!

@computergeek541 ,  do you folks not have a direct route for these observations and comments to be forwarded to Public Mobile?

There's NO WAY customers of Public Mobile should be subject to pricing for that device at that level given Samsung Canada can supply one for $10 more BRAND NEW.

This has gotta look bad on Public Mobile.   It certainly does from my perspective.

When these device don't sell, Public Mobile will be forced to adjust the price accordiingly. I don't blame them for trying to get as much as possible, but for the most part, I can only see people paying this $199 price if not aware of where else this model can be purchased.

And this is from an Oracle, @Rondrake !!!

@computergeek541 ,  do you folks not have a direct route for these observations and comments to be forwarded to Public Mobile?

There's NO WAY customers of Public Mobile should be subject to pricing for that device at that level given Samsung Canada can supply one for $10 more BRAND NEW.

This has gotta look bad on Public Mobile.   It certainly does from my perspective.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @HALIMACS,  Public CPO page has it classified as "Like-New", it think they actually meant the Price Like-New  and not the phone condition  🙂

@hTideGnow @hTideGnow 

In Public Mobile, I enjoy the rewards that allow me to receive a low price on my plan. However, I also can't endorse such terrible pricing in a used or open boxed product.  Unless Public Mobile drastically reduces the price on this CPO device, I also suggest your recommendations that customers purchase this model directly from Samsung Canada or from many retailers who offer it brand new.

Hi @HALIMACS,  Public CPO page has it classified as "Like-New", it think they actually meant the Price Like-New  and not the phone condition  🙂

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Rondrake , If you need a new phone, Samsung is selling A12 at $209.99.  It is a good price for a simple entry level phone

https://www.samsung.com/ca/search/?searchvalue=galaxy%20a12%20lte

Indeed @hTideGnow .... i would say it's better than a "great deal" (as Public Mobile would propose based on their own offering)  🤣

HALIMACS_0-1640616602543.png

HI @Rondrake , If you need a new phone, Samsung is selling A12 at $209.99.  It is a good price for a simple entry level phone

https://www.samsung.com/ca/search/?searchvalue=galaxy%20a12%20lte

@Rondrake 

What is the model of the LG phone?  Might not be compatible with PM/Telus network.  

If the LG phone is locked to previous carrier, you could try to call previous carrier to get unlock code.  

If you need a new phone right away, you can purchase cheaper unlocked phones at Costco, Staples, London drugs, etc.  If your budget is higher, you can purchase a new Samsung or iPhone.  

@Rondrake wrote:

ok...so by moving that sim i realized the flip phone was on PCmobile which is on the Bell network..it was then i switched to public moble..if i buy one of public mobiles used phones on line it will take a while..if i get the screen fixed..the phone seemed to be getting slow as it was..if i go buy a new one so as not to be in gap of some time with out one what is the one that suites along that catergorey....

Hi again, @Rondrake 

When you say the "phone was on PCmobile", do you mean the device is "locked" to PC Mobile?

Or that it contains a SIM card in it assigned to PC Mobile?  If it does, just remove the SIM card and insert the Public Mobile SIM card you were using on the screen-damaged device.

If you're looking to purchase a new device, recommend now may be the best time to get a good buy.  Try Best Buy to see what's on sale for Boxing Day sales.

EDIT:  @Rondrake   - - if you need assistance swapping SIM cards among devices, take both devices to a local TELUS, Koodo, or other mobile kiosk.   A friendly representative may be willing to assist moving from one device to another.   Try not to get 'sold' on buying a new device there until you've done your research.

Rondrake

ok...so by moving that sim i realized the flip phone was on PCmobile which is on the Bell network..it was then i switched to public moble..if i buy one of public mobiles used phones on line it will take a while..if i get the screen fixed..the phone seemed to be getting slow as it was..if i go buy a new one so as not to be in gap of some time with out one what is the one that suites along that catergorey....

Yah,  disassembled tri-cut adds another angle. (I likely 'borrowed' it from someone a year or so ago)

Feel free to use it,  @BeachNBeer 

😉

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HALIMACS  At least we picked same one 😃. Nice find on your second picture showing the different clips 👍

Heck, @BeachNBeer nothing wrong with that.

I just had a "DOH" moment by putting those pictures in there and then when I posted,  one of them magically appeared in your post.

🤣🤣🤣

BeachNBeer

@HALIMACS  😅 It was!. Then I thought💡 well OP is asking how to use another phone, so they may probably need more info on the sim.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rondrake 

When exchanging devices, there is no need to activate again. The process simply requires removing the Public Mobile SIM card from the existing device and inserting it into the replacement device.

The only thing you have to be sure of is that you have the correct adaptors on or off the SIM card to fit the SIM tray for the new device. 

HALIMACS_0-1640610472570.png

HALIMACS_1-1640610484978.jpeg

(Ahhh @BeachNBeer , when I began my post yours was less detailed... 😉 😎)

BeachNBeer

@Rondrake  Simple. Take sim card out of Samsung and put it in LG 😎 Provided it is same sim size. If not most sim cards are 3 hole punch. If you still have those pieces or if you have to make the sim smaller to fit in LG.

s-l400.png

Need Help? Let's chat.