cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confirm that I can port a number

Al67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello  I would like to confirm that I can port a number to Public Mobile. Freedom Mobile was unable port the number. Teenagers have outgrown their Speakout plan so we need to change but they dont want to loose their old numbers.

Thanks Al.

37 REPLIES 37

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@gblackma @zblackma   Haha!  I just realized you are both different posters:)

Unless one was prankin' the other, IIRC, after seeing a post recently, I believe "g" is "z junior". 😉 

Thanks for the info...I guess I wasn't paying enough attention!

@dabr wrote:

Unless one was prankin' the other, IIRC, after seeing a post recently, I believe "g" is "z junior". 😉 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Al67 Suggest you read:

Enjoy the voyage with us.

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Edit:  AFAIK, only Koodo prepaid requires moderators help to port as both PM and Koodo prepaid share the same backend service.

@Luddite , other Oracle's can you answer this one?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Al67 what type of account are you porting ? As far as I know since speakoiuut uses Rogers, the numbers should be portable. However since speakout is a prepaid service, I'm unclear as to wether you would need moderator help to port. Oracle's? 

@Al67 wrote:

Hello  I would like to confirm that I can port a number to Public Mobile. Freedom Mobile was unable port the number. Teenagers have outgrown their Speakout plan so we need to change but they dont want to loose their old numbers.

Thanks Al.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Al67 wrote:

Thanks Al.

Yes you will be able to port in your old number, but keep that account active until porting is complete.  It is also advised to get a temporary PM number unitl porting has completed.

Edit: Reading other posters who were porting in from Speakout, use your tel. number for account number and you may also need to provide your PIN at some point in the activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.