cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chnage phone linked to esim

Abwonder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello. I need my esim to be registered with a different phone. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Abwonder 

Check your credit card to see if PM charged you.  If they did, you dont' want to start another new activation

if just eSIM on the different phone, you can use the other phone to download the app, try login and continue with the activation step

If you cannot login to the app on the other phone (maybe because of 2FA), then submit ticket with CS agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Abwonder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is it possible to restart the activation process? i entered the imei of a different phone while filling the form but i have actually not completed the activation process. my majoy problem is that i cannot go back to the form

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Abwonder 

You need to download the PM app on your new phone and purchase a new eSIM for $5 since eSIM are not transferable.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Abwonder 

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Abwonder 

esim cannot be transferred, so you will need to buy a new one on the other phone

just download the PM app on that phone, login and go to Subscription and Add-on page and scroll to the buttom to click ton Buy sim button 

Need Help? Let's chat.