cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing plans

kozykamper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to change my plan from 3g 4.5gb to 4g 5gb for two months now. My account says it will change on the renewal date but the date passes and my account still says I am on 3g.

Why is it not changing.

thanks    Wayne

10 REPLIES 10

Truth be told, @darlicious , i rarely ever experience it as well.

But it does happen from time to time that the site shows outdated information - for no apparent reason.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

What is everybody else doing that I'm not doing that frees me from this issue?I think it's the cookies? I love me some cookies! I don't get that dang survey anymore either?!! 🍪🍪🥛

Indeed, @charlieecdavis 

The whole "refresh, go incognito, clear cache and cookies, login from different device/browser" routine is becoming quite old around here.

It's time for Public Mobile to ensure when a user logs into self-serve, they're seeing a refreshed, non-cached, version of their account/plan.   Failure to do so is just poor customer service and causes a lot of users to perform unnecessary actions and steps they otherwise DO NOT need to do. 

It's costing Public Mobile customers unnecessary time and effort.

May we get an update on this, @J_PM , please?   Surely there are actions being taken to remedy this ongoing issue, isn't there?

@charlieecdavis 

glad to hear it worked. PM did an "upgrade" last July and it's been fouled up ever since.

😎

charlieecdavis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was having this issue for months! For like three months I have requested to change my plan on renewal date and I didn't see a change. Just refreshed like @hairbag1 recommended and now I see the change.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kozykamper 

Both the $40/15gb plan and the $45/20gb plan are still available for you to schedule a change plan on next renewal. Take a screenshot of it after you have scheduled it just in case the plans get pulled by pm and for some reason your plan doesn't change to it upon renewal. Public mobile has honored all scheduled plan changes in the past but knowing the glitches that occur around here it's best to have proof....just in case.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kozykamper @Also worth mentioning when you go from 3G to 4G it can take up to 48 hours before you notice a difference in speed …also check the plans out in self serve available you may find 15G $40 4G service and if not there is still the 20G $45 plan 4G service if not .. and always when checking for up to date account info try incognito as there are cache issues 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kozykamper 

try those or try this method...

refresh.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You are likely viewing a cached image on your self-serve, be sure to log in after going incognito or private. 

Also, try tapping the highlighted area when logged into self-serve for a refreshed page version:

HALIMACS_0-1673907313708.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kozykamper 

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or simply try refreshing the page on the yellow circle while signed in to public mobile

Handy1_0-1673907256746.jpeg

Refresh page.                                ^^^            

Need Help? Let's chat.