cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant verify SIM card change

johngun6869
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was stolen and I am replacing the sim and putting it in a new phone,  

i am locked out of my email until i can receive verification from google. verification must be donw with this phone number 

i can't receive an sms because my active sim carde was stolen. 

my backup number is a textnow number i no lkonger have access too

5 REPLIES 5

@computergeek541 

Yes I agree but I have tried to get a 2FA code sent to my TextNow USA number with the TextNow SIM while in the USA. It indicates I need to upgrade my plan.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@johngun6869 

The 2FA code will not be sent on the free subscription on TextNow. You will only receive the code on paid subscription.

Doesn't Textnow use a different phone number than the Public Mobile phone number?  The Self Serve 2FA code cannot be sent to any number but the Public Mobile phone number for that same account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@johngun6869 

The 2FA code will not be sent on the free subscription on TextNow. You will only receive the code on paid subscription.

Gmail and PM self-serve is working for me.

You have the options of contacting a CS_Agent to help you access your account to replace your new SIM.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@johngun6869  Get help form support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@johngun6869 in this case, open ticket with PM support.  They might help you to change to a temporary email first so you can login My Account

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there 

once you can log back in, remember to use desktop or laptop to update the sim card, using mobile phone won't work for that request die to website glitch 

Need Help? Let's chat.