cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant shut down one of my accounts

chaychay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have three accounts, and I'm trying to shut down the account to which I have lost my cell phone. Everytime I try to log in it sends a code (which I need to log in) to the phone which I don't have. All I have is the account username, password and the credit card being used. Tried getting online help and nothing helped.

7 REPLIES 7

@Dublicate_acct , it works as long as a Customer knows the 4 digit pin # they create when opening that account (I forgot to add that part before selecting reply message to post it).

I suggested it due to the Op lost the cell phone so can’t dial 611 from that phone to disable auto pay for that account! Otherwise will need to send a private message to a CS_Agent to ask to have it done.

HI @chaychay 

great that you got it sorted

So, you are simply going to shutdown the account? or you will be back with a new replacement sim card and replacement phone?  Please remember you only have 90 days to come back to PM or you will loss your phone number and your account will then ben formally closed

chaychay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wow you guys are all fantastic...fast replies with what sounds like great solutions. I'm on it. Thanks to all.

Dublicate_acct
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@chaychay wrote:

I have three accounts, and I'm trying to shut down the account to which I have lost my cell phone. Everytime I try to log in it sends a code (which I need to log in) to the phone which I don't have. All I have is the account username, password and the credit card being used. Tried getting online help and nothing helped.

@chaychay , due to losing your cell phone please dial  1 (855) 478-2542  (1 855 4PUBLIC) from another phone to disable autopay for the account phone # you want to disable. After 90 days of non payment the account will be permanently deleted.

Edit: To do it this way you need your 4 digit account pin # that you created when you opened that account. 

Dublicate_acct
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Select try again - and then select sent to email ---

That should do the trick. Good luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chaychay 

do you know the 4 digits account pin of the account you want to "shut down"?  if you do, just calling *611 from that phone and then you can disable Autopay from there

If not, you will have to try to get back to My Account to turn it off.  For your login issue, the system actually unable to link up the email login with My Account.  You can open ticket with support by direct message,  ask them to properly link them up and ask them to help disable autopay , or remove credit card , as well

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.