Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant receive incoming calls

krisromlew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

23 REPLIES 23

@krisromlew wrote:

the person on the phone doesn't understand why you cant request that fido transfer my number?

any ideas

sounds like the only solution is to get a new number!

any ideas!?

the support number people are on it and equally frustrated...

what good is a support number that doesn't know that they are supporting Public Mobile

I simply need someone to send a request to my old provider to transfer the number

How do we do that???

I tried to do so on the site, however it was denied

@krisromlew  - Is your Fido Account still ACTIVE? You can only transfer an Active Fido account into Public Mobile.

If it is not active, you will have to reopen your account (perhaps buying a new SIM..need to ask Fido about this) so that you can port successfully over to Public Mobile.

IF your account is current and active with Fido, but no SIM card, then you will need to coordinate the porting approval. So submit a ticket with Public Mobile to restart the porting request here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.htmlbotId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM7...

Then call Fido to tell them you need to port over and need their approval as they should be getting the request from Public Mobile.

@krisromlew wrote:

hello everyone

I ported my old number on January 14th

Since this time I have not received any incoming calls or received voice mail

I have turned my phone on and off

have taken the sim card out and reinstalled it

I have data and can receive texts

thanks in advance for your assistance

Kris

@krisromlew  - cell phone porting should have been completed by now, so hopefully you were able to submit a ticket or call the porting number to get it all sorted out.

But, if you ported a landline or voip number over to Public Mobile this can take longer, sometimes around 7 days.

And, incoming calls are usually the last to port over. So until then you will have mixed services on your 2 providers.

Make sure you do not cancel the previous provider's services, once the port complete this will close the old one.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

EDIT: in the meantime while you wait for everything to be completed, occasionally restart your phone.

I would also recommend to perform a reset of your network settings on your device when you change providers as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krisromlew : They need to re-request the transfer. You need to call Fido to do a manual verbal authorization because you don't have the SIM to do the automated way.

krisromlew

the person on the phone doesn't understand why you cant request that fido transfer my number?

any ideas

sounds like the only solution is to get a new number!

any ideas!?

the support number people are on it and equally frustrated...

what good is a support number that doesn't know that they are supporting Public Mobile

I simply need someone to send a request to my old provider to transfer the number

How do we do that???

I tried to do so on the site, however it was denied

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I replied to you in the other thread by you for the same problem.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks like the partial port in.

There is a number to call and check the process is complete or not. Ask away if you need.

Normal time for the incoming calls to start is only couple of hours if it is more than that, you should contact support agents by sending a direct msg to CS_agent to sort this out. 

Which device you are using and when you are confirming reboot and re-seating of SIM then assuming settings are just correct. You can also check another SIM into this device or this PM SIM to any other device.

krisromlew

i am on hold now..... I tried the other methods to no avail... he is trying to contact his supervisor for assistance

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krisromlew : Public Mobile belongs to Telus. If a human told you to go away then call again. It's the Telus porting help line. Or use the other methods I posted.

krisromlew

the number you gave me is for Telus!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar threads from this customer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krisromlew : Without the previous SIM card you will need to coordinate between the two to authorize the transfer.

Contact a Customer Support Agent

Customer Support Agents hours of operation 

Everything about everything here 

HI @krisromlew   Yes, there is a number you can call and talk to someone.  I will send you the number.  Check your Community inbox on the top right, the envelope icon.

krisromlew

fido says that they did not receive the confirmation for the transfer 

and that I should contact public regarding this

how do i proceed

krisromlew

i believe i did.... fido is my previous provider

I called fido and they say that they did not receive the confirmation of the transfer

and that I should contact Public mobile

i no longer have my old sim card

how do I contact public mobile with this request?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krisromlew : So then did you answer the confirmation text from that provider? And what kind of carrier? Cell? VoIP? Copper landline? etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krisromlew 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

edited by computergeek541:  APN settings aren't related to the ability to receive phone calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krisromlew 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service..

@krisromlew   sound to me it is a stuck port

did you receive any text from your previous provider and you replied YES within 90 minutes?  This is a critical step

There is a number you can call for porting status , I will message you the number.  Please check Community in box, envelope icon on top right.  It is live support, they can re-rigger the process if you missed it

krisromlew

hello everyone

I ported my old number on January 14th

Since this time I have not received any incoming calls or received voice mail

I have turned my phone on and off

have taken the sim card out and reinstalled it

I have data and can receive texts

thanks in advance for your assistance

Kris

krisromlew

thanks for your reply

i recently ported my number from another carrier on Janu 14

i have data , can text, however no one can call me or leave a voice mail

I also rebooted the phone

and removed and reinstalled the sim card

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @krisromlew   It was good before and just stop working?  If so, did you reboot your phone?  or try to reseat the SIM

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@krisromlew 

More details would be helpful.  Did you port over your number when you activated?  Did you respond to your old carrier's port confirmation text ?  Are you able to receive texts?  How is data? Etc.  

Might be a stuck port, but more details are needed to confirm.  

Need Help? Let's chat.