cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive incoming calls, everything else works

londoncalguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have tried the removing sim card solution, but I still have the same problem. Could someone please help me.

13 REPLIES 13

self solution removed

londoncalguy

I just received the text from Rogers. I can close this thread. THANK YOU to everyone for your help.

londoncalguy

I have to callback tomorrow

@londoncalguy 

Note that there is a 90 minute window for you to reply. If you missed this window…yes call the Telus porting number.

londoncalguy

I called and the voice says there is no transfer request for my number. Ugh!

londoncalguy

thanks. haven't received the text from rogers yet. maybe I will call the number I have.

@londoncalguy 

As noted about leaving your old SIM in your phone and reply to the text confirming your are porting over to PM is the most important process to port over.

If you confirmed to the text then reboot your phone by powering off the phone and wait 2 minutes and power back on your phone.

londoncalguy

I just received a text from PM to initiate the process. I could swear I did all that yesterday while at the store. Anyways at least something is happening

@londoncalguy    If you missed the 90 minute window to respond to the authorization text from your old carrier, then you need to call the Telus porting # and ask them to request the previous provider to resend the text.  I'll private message the Telus porting # if you need to call them, check your message inbox top right of screen.

londoncalguy

thanks, will let you both know

londoncalguy

ok, I will try

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@londoncalguy   Are you porting in a number and if you are, did you respond to the text from your previous provider with a YES to authorize the transfer of your number?  Your old account needs to remain active until the transfer is completed too. 

Did you request a number to be ported in? In that situation, re-insert your old carrier's SIM card to continue receiving your phone calls. You will also need to answer a tect message from the old carrier to approve the number porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.