cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot pick up phone calls

Hongmei1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Since I switched to Public Mobile, I cannot pick up my phone calls for it goes directly to my voice message. However, when it is dialed for a second time, I can hear the sound and be able to pick up phone calls.

I need to pick up phone calls when they come in for I am doing intake work and really need my phone work properly.

Thank you!

Hongmei

7 REPLIES 7

I agree with this question. Is your phone maybe on DND? When on and someone tries to call again, sometimes the phone will say oh alright fine I'll ring.

@Hongmei1 

I do not believe that this is a number porting issue. If it's not a number porting issue, calling the number porting assistance line will not yield any results.  With an incomplete number port, the other person calling you would not have a different result just from trying more than once.

Some phones have a setting for when being in do not disturb mode, that gets overriden if the person calls multiple times.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hongmei1 - if you did reply YES to the porting request in time, have you tried any of the below? If not, try them.

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works

Edit, what I don't get in your question/post, is, that you said the 2nd time you can pick up the call?? If so, doesn't seem porting related. Unless I misunderstood this part.

Hongmei1

Thank you very much! Will contact the porting department!

Hongmei1

Thank you so much for your reply! Will contact the number you provided!

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hongmei1 

How long ago did you switch to PM? Did you reply yes to a text authorizing the port that was sent to you when you had your old provider’s SIM in? Is your old provider account still active? 

It sounds like a porting issue, I will send you the number to the porting department. Just remember your old account has to be active, keep your old sim in your device to reply yes to a text authorizing the port, when that sim loses service is your sign to switch to your pm sim and reboot.

You can check your Private messages with the envelope icon if on desktop, click the avatar in the right corner and then messages it on mobile. Or here is a direct link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hongmei1  Did you just try to port a number in on activation ? Sounds like a stuck in port . Did you reply YES to the confirmation text from old provider ? . No worries there a number to the porting team will send you it private message and get it fixed 

Need Help? Let's chat.