cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot access voicemail remotely

ernie2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to access my voicemail remotely by calling my number, pressing *, and entering my password. When I call my public mobile number, I receive the following message, "client you are trying to reach is not available at this moment; please try again later."

My account is in good standing and fully paid up. I also rebooted my phone; although I do not think this should have been an issue, but wanted to eliminate this option.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

ernie2

thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.

I sent a message to the admin advising them of the problem.

they asked me to verify my account and then reset my service

everything now works as it should

thanks again

ernie2

Ok that makes sense, the system usually rings 4 times and forwards to VM. It does not ring at all.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

But with or without airplane mode, it won't affect the VM.  OP's problem is when someone call the number, it does not forward to VM

There are no charges to incur here. You could even leave data roaming on and still no charges.

ernie2

thanks for the help, I have submitted a ticket

ernie2

I am travelling in the US and do not want to incur roaming charges.

@ernie2 

Just as an aside...you say the phone is set to Airplane mode. Unless you're on an airplane...why do you have it set that way ?

Hi @ernie2 there has been some issue with Forwarding but mainly conditional forwarding and should affect forward to VM.  

If you are concern, submit a ticket with support and ask them to reset all forwarding and make sure it will forward to VM when not available 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ernie2

Thank you for your prompt response.

I am in the US. My phone is set to airplane mode. I could call my Canadian cell number on public mobile until approximately April 5th to check my voicemails, press * to access voice mail, etc. When I call my public mobile phone number, I receive the message, "client you are trying to reach is not available at this moment; please try again later."

I have been able to check voicemails by calling 902-580-4001

I am concerned that no one can call me and leave a voice mail

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ernie2 

here's some info on how to set up vm successfully....

Setting up Voicemail

After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. It will play a default greeting until you set it up. Setting it up isn’t complicated:

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ernie2 or if your problrm is you cannot receive inbound calls, then try to change your network to 3G on your phone and test inbound calls again

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @ernie2 you just want to access VM from another phone?

try call 778-580-4001

Need Help? Let's chat.