cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't verify my email , is a old email i dont use , why dont have option for sms

busqueNa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey i try to log in to my account , but want to verify my account with my old email that i dont used anymore and can't have access , Why they dont give me the option like all my other family member and i can verify with sms . 

dont try to reply with my old email it will not work . now i can't update my payment . only  reach me is by sms , or by my mom phone or mom email . 

very not fun 

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@busqueNa 

Oops it appears I forgot to add the link for alternative methods of payment. Purchase a pm voucher or make an RTP (real time payment) to reactivate your account. Then you can verify via SMS text. Click below for your options for alternative methods of payment.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

busqueNa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes my account is suspended , because payment didn't passed ,. my dad credit card was hacked and we need to change the payment option but my account was suspended before i could do it . so now my only option is email and we don't have access 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@busqueNa 

Here is info on additional methods of payment as suggested by @dust2dust to reactivate your account so that the 2FA SMS text option can be selected. Once account access is achieved you can update your payment card details. You can then disable 2FA on your profile page if that's your preference.

Changing your email requires extra verification questions to be answered. These questions can include payment details and/or history, account #, plan or add ons etc....make a note of these details and have them handy when you submit your request to change your email.

Not everyone can deal with SIMon. I am one of them....so despite the propaganda in the post above I have corrected it.....

"Please note that all tickets should be initiated through the chatbot rather than private messaging."

Using private messaging to initiate a support request is always an option if you cannot submit a ticket thru SIMon or you would rather pull your hair screaming profanities in frustration than deal with him? If so at the very least read the spoiler in the linked post below.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

@hycm53 wrote:

When I login, I have 2 choices to choose for 2FA code: SMS or email. I don't know why you don't have SMS choice to choose.

You can open a ticket with PM customer service for change email:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please note that all tickets need to be initiated through the chatbot rather than private messaging.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@busqueNa , the SMS 2FA option is only available if your account is in active status, otherwise only email will be available as a fallback.  It is good policy to use an current email account that you have full access to for the self serve account.  Initiate a support ticket to change your email address as already recommended.  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@busqueNa wrote:

Hey i try to log in to my account , but want to verify my account with my old email that i dont used anymore and can't have access , Why they dont give me the option like all my other family member and i can verify with sms . 

dont try to reply with my old email it will not work . now i can't update my payment . only  reach me is by sms , or by my mom phone or mom email . 

very not fun 

When I login, I have 2 choices to choose for 2FA code: SMS or email. I don't know why you don't have SMS choice to choose.

You can open a ticket with PM customer service for change email:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Your question implies that your service is suspended. If it was active then you would be able to choose either email or SMS. So you could buy vouchers or use real time payments to reactivate your account and then the SMS option would become available. Then the registered email address is just a login id. So use it to login.

Obviously you would want to update your registered email address though.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@busqueNa 

So sorry but you can't change your email address yourself.

You'll have to get a Customer Support Agent to do that for you by asking.

Just use the Chatbot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@busqueNa 

Contact a support agent to update the e-mail address (username), so you can regain access to self-serve. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.