cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't receive calls

Matthieu389
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone been active since November work great till last couple of weeks.  I can't receive calls.  Tried removing SIM card and all.  Can someone please help??

19 REPLIES 19

Dakotaj1998
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are unable to receive incoming calls then the sim card could likely be the issue. Are you able to remove the sim card and try it in a different device to narrow the issue down a bit. 

I would also recommend that you try contacting the mods as they would be able to best help in this sort of situation. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr coffee has long been worn off.

😎

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv   I believe OP has been with PM since last November...re: his first post..😊

@dabr , i don't even see where you see that ?

I see registered for Community as of today, and that is as far as I went. 😄

@esjliv here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/can-t-receive-calls/m-p/667318/highli...

If you two are just kidding around, please ignore this post 😁

@dabr @RosieR  - BLAH HAHA - actually i wasn't kidding, but obviously i wasn't very observant either!!

Yeah, and this is all before a glass of wine! Oh wait, maybe that is the problem....let me go get one.

@esjliv   Lol...it happens, I thought perhaps you hadn't had enough coffee!  😁

@RosieR wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv   I believe OP has been with PM since last November...re: his first post..😊

@esjliv here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/can-t-receive-calls/m-p/667318/highli...

@dabr @RosieR  - BLAH HAHA - actually i wasn't kidding, but obviously i wasn't very observant either!!

Yeah, and this is all before a glass of wine! Oh wait, maybe that is the problem....let me go get one.

@Matthieu389 wrote:

yes I tried all and now contacting moderator

@Matthieu389 good to know that you have contacted the moderators.  Expect a reply within 2 to 48 hrs but much faster response these days.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up... that would be the moderator's reply.

Please keep us updated.  thanks in advance

RosieR

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Matthieu389 wrote:

If you are creating a support ticket, make sure to check your private mailbox SENT folder for for your support ticket.  If you do not see your ticket as a message sent to moderator team, you have not created your support ticket yet.  I don't want you to wait for a few day for nothing.

Welcome to PM community.

@esjliv wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Matthieu389

I been with public since November.  Work great till about 2 week ago.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Matthieu389 wrote:

Didn't work 

@Matthieu389 , Have you just ported or activated with Public Mobile?

DELETED - you didn't just port - Duh!

If this does not have anything to do with a new account/porting and you tried all the suggested trouble shooting?

Does adding a 1 in front help with calling out?

If none of these things are helping I would submit a ticket with the Moderators by following the links @dabr posted.

Matthieu389

@Matthieu389 wrote:

Didn't work 

@Matthieu389   Have you tried all the suggestions, if so then contact mods with the link provided above...?

Matthieu389

Didn't work 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Matthieu389 wrote:

My phone been active since November work great till last couple of weeks.  I can't receive calls.  Tried removing SIM card and all.  Can someone please help??

@Matthieu389 ,

Try toggling to airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular.

Reboot occasionally as well is a good practice.

@Matthieu389 

Does text and data work?  

Maybe try network reset of phone.  Reboot phone.  

You could also try the SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Matthieu389 wrote:

@Matthieu389    You can try the lost stolen trick.  Log into your account, select Plans/Add-ons tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen, Suspend service, log out and after couple mins log back in and this time Resume service, log out and restart phone.

Edit:  @Matthieu389  If nothing helps you may need to contact moderators and have them take a look at your account.  You can submit a ticket via chatbot and follow prompts here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send private message (if unable to submit ticket) to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Matthieu389

I can't receive calls, but can make them.  It is not the phone as when you call the number it says 6um1the number is not in service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Matthieu389 , are you able to make calls?  If the problem is only incoming calls, it is likely something with the phone.  Check call blocking feature settings.  Also check call forward settings to make sure calls are not being forwarded in an unwanted way.  

Need Help? Let's chat.