cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't call or recieve

BD1960
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, activated my account 5 days ago. works most of the time but while in the house with 4 bar signal strength my phone wont call out or receive calls. Tried the normal troubleshooting steps but no luck..anyone have a solution.

5 REPLIES 5

BD1960

Hi. Tried my phone in that setting won't connect. I'm on the 4G plan. phone is a Samsung A51. Worked fine with Bell. sorry I switched at this point. Not sure they applied the 15% discount promotion as promised in the plan selected when activated as well. 

@BD1960 wrote:

Tried sim card in another phone to see if it is phone or provider but need a PIN to connect to network. 

Hi @BD1960  actually that mean the text phone itself is locked to another provider.  

What make and model is your phone?

And try to set your network to WCDMA only and see if the phone connects.  It is possible that it won't connect with that.  Then it means you have a weak 3G network at your home.  PM needs 3G network for voice (data and text are ok, they both can work on LTE , just voice needs 3G)

BD1960

Hi. Thanks for the prompt response. It will work out front on the deck and at other locations and text and data. It shows public mobile as provider. I can see the bell tower less than a km away from my house. phone will only connect to network in LTE/WCDMA/GSM setting. Tried sim card in another phone to see if it is phone or provider but need a PIN to connect to network. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI   @BD1960   do you have another phone to test the PM sim card?

Also, what make and model is your phone?  Some overseas phones might not be fully compatible to PM networks

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dont let the bars fool you. Make sure your actually connected to public mobile.

So if you have android when your at the home screen drag down from the top to see notifications and see if at the bottom of screen it says public mobile.

Try going into settings - connections- network- change it to connect on hspa not lte and see if that helps when your in the house.

I have the same issue when in my home once in a while it will show full service but not actually connected to public mobile because of signal not being good.

Need Help? Let's chat.