cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't call family on exact same $15 plans?!

NCMVas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 3 phones on the same $15 plan but my wife can't call me, the message says she needs a long distance add-on to call me!? We can call each other but her phone can't. What's the glitch? Help!

11 REPLIES 11

@NCMVas wrote:

She can text and receive calls but she can't call us. Weird.

As @HALIMACS previously mentioned, please login to her self-serve account and check the overview page to confirm there are outgoing minutes remaining.  If the "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk" line is missing, that means she consumed her allotted minutes for the current cycle, and a $5 add-on for 500 minutes may be in order:

Nezgar_0-1616081400749.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@NCMVas wrote:

i did all that....thanks

Have you contacted a moderator?

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

NCMVas

i did all that....thanks

NCMVas

She can text and receive calls but she can't call us. Weird.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@NCMVas wrote:

I have 3 phones on the same $15 plan but my wife can't call me, the message says she needs a long distance add-on to call me!? We can call each other but her phone can't. What's the glitch? Help!

@NCMVas 

Confirm that your wife's self-serve account shows her service is "active". Do her other calling features work - can she receive calls and make/receive text messages?

Then check this section in her Data and Add-On's to ensure there are minutes remaining.  If there aren't, that means she consumed her allotted minutes for the current cycle.

HALIMACS_0-1615982045608.png

If there is no line-entry for her 100 Minutes, that means it's fully consumed.

A recommendation to get calling working again is to purchase the $5.00 add-on which gives 500 Canada-wide outgoing minutes.   These add-ons never expire and remain on account till consumed.   

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

This is not a new glitch. I've had it happen to me 3 or 4 times over the past year and a half but its always fixed itself after I try calling a few numbers over the course of an hour or two. Other members  have had it persist and require moderators fix it.

@darlicious , hoping this is an easy fix for OP.

I had this message on one of my $25 plans late February (WT*%)?! 

I rebooted then the call went through.

Bizarro-world sometimes 🤣

@esjliv 

This is not a new glitch. I've had it happen to me 3 or 4 times over the past year and a half but its always fixed itself after I try calling a few numbers over the course of an hour or two. Other members  have had it persist and require moderators fix it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NCMVas wrote:

@NCMVas 

If she was able to before and this is just a new thing, I would guess this is a glitch with recent plan changes.

If there are minutes showing on her Self Serve account, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*network reset

If trouble-shooting does not resolve it, contact Mods to look into it.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@NCMVas wrote:

Do you have province-wdie or Canada-wide calling. The current version of the plan is only province-wide. Are allo 3 phone numbers for the same city and are you in that province?

@NCMVas 

Have you tried/checked all of @JK8's suggestions? If she still has outgoing minutes left on her plan have her call her voicemail by dialing "1" and see if she gets the same message. Then reboot and try making a call again. If she continues to get this message after a few hours its a glitch that just won't fix itself. I've had this happen the odd time and it will usually fix itself after an hour or two but if it doesn't then you need a moderator to fix it. It will often happen after renewal or an account has been suspended for awhile.

To contact a moderator click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in account reset and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Current wait times are about 1 hour but are often 2-4 hours up to 48 hours during busy times for non-urgent issues. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@NCMVas wrote:

Can you log into self service on your wife’s plan and look under My Data & Add-Ons and see if she has any outgoing minutes left? Can the phone call any other numbers in the province? Can you try putting a 1 in front of the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.