cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile end all unlimited plans?

OnlPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just over a month ago I signed up for PM's $34 50gb then unlimited at up to 512kbps plan.. Glad I did(so far; not tested unlimited yet)... I saw it as an option yesterday and was just about to talk several family members into it; when I checked today only a $34 50gb USA/Canada (presumably no unlimited data(2)) was at that price and none of the plans say unlimited data...

Did PM end all unlimited data plans for new customers ?   If PM sales/support monitors this; anyway I can get a couple more signups on a recently ended plan ($34/unlimited data)?

5 REPLIES 5

OnlPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I generally spend a lot of time in the states but typically get a new service(for phone) while there..  tracfone as $25(crap phone)-$50(good) a YEAR plans with 1500min/1500sms/1500mb; and potentially a nice phone that is unlocked after 2 months; My last 3 phones were Moto G Power 2020($100), Moto G Stylus 5G 2021(2, $45, $55).  All work with PM, and Lucky SIM's..
Good opportunity to get affordable phones while there.
mintmobile $15/mo 5gb/128kbps-unlimited was good, Vision & spectrum & tmobile had$15-30mo 30+gb/mo unlimited depending on timing and offers.

@Hazelnut4 this is a device problem, your phone was jumping between the 2 networks trying to find the "better" one

dont use Automatic network, change to manual and pick T-Mobile or AT&T.  Change to the other one when one does not work well 

Hazelnut4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in America yesterday with my unlimited plan, one minute connection was with T -Moblile next it was with AT+T next no service and on and on it went all evening, I'll see how it works next weekend in US but I thought that deal was to good to be true , hope it was just the solar storm yesterday!

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Those US plans will be ending May 20th and then the unlimited plans may be back.

Personally I think the unlimited US roaming and calling is better than the super slow unlimited data, 50GB is a lot to use up and they usually charge a lot for US roaming.

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Their plans change all the time, unlimited will probably come back soon based on what I've seen. You could try asking support but I wouldn't be too hopeful about getting a plan that's not currently offered

Need Help? Let's chat.