cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can receive& send text and call outward, but can't receive phone call from a particular number

uwengdori
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. A weird problem here. Been with public for a few months. 

Basically sending and receiveing texts, as well as calling someone and receiving phone calls EXCEPT from my dad's phone which is super weird. I can call my dad but when my dad calls me, I don't receive it.

I can send and receive text (Samsung Galaxy note 9, Public) from my dad (iPhone, Fido) and I can call dad, but when dad calls me, I cannot receive it, meaning nothing shows up on my phone. I also checked if there are blocked phone numbers but that's not the case either. I'm so lost and any help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

@0077 wrote:

@uwengdori 

delete the number from your phone and reenter, or check at your dad phone it's your number is right.

or try selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,
and rebooting phone.

I understand the point that if a number is saved incorrectly in the contact list, the calls could sent directly to voicemail based on a phone's settings for unknown callers.  However, that couldn't be the case as the OP is using text messaging with the other person meaning that there's a match.  Also, "3g only" wouldn't fix issues with calls not coming in from only one person.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@uwengdori 

Another possibility is your dad's iPhone settings.  Are you also an apple user (ie. ipad)?  Maybe he is calling your apple id versus your actual phone number.  Check his contact list for your details.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That is indeed a strange phenomena @uwengdori , and very likely user or device/setting related.

Can your father make successful other outgoing calls to other numbers with no similar issues?  If you're in the same area, recommend trying his device while yours is nearby.   

Is it possible your father doesn't have the calling capability/plan to call your number (asking this not knowing his local/long distance calling status/plan)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@uwengdori   When your dad calls you, does it go to your PM voicemail? or he just heard something like cannot connect or something?

did you try to put your PM SIM in another phone and see if you can receive your Dad call as well?

Can another Fido friend call you?

Need Help? Let's chat.