cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling egypt from Canada

ofaltas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The international adds on countries, does not include Egypt.

How can i call egypt from Canada?

23 REPLIES 23

@albertphone wrote:

I have the same issue and I'm disappointed that I have to use another service provider, such as VOIP service or calling card. This is an easy money to Public Mobile to expand on countries we can call from Public Mobile. 

It is very inconvenient.

I agree, though I think Public Mobile doesn't offer an option for calling Egypt because the rates to call there are often high. Just checking my own options, I see TextNow VoIP app lists "from 10.6¢/min" and Goldline calling card indicates 14.28¢ per min...  At least you should be able to text to Egypt to maybe negotiate calling using an internet based platform like Whatsapp, Facetime, etc...

albertphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue and I'm disappointed that I have to use another service provider, such as VOIP service or calling card. This is an easy money to Public Mobile to expand on countries we can call from Public Mobile. 

It is very inconvenient.

ofaltas

Thank you for the info.

@ofaltas 

Another option - Rebtel: $12.90/mo CAD for 100 minutes calling to Egypt, or or 12c/min for $12.90 (107 non-expiring minutes)

https://www.rebtel.com/en/#{%22country%22:%22EG%22,%22currency%22:%22CAD%22}

Their system is kind of nice as you can use their app to make the calls, but they can also setup "local" numbers you can call to have the call directly go through to the recipient without having to enter long PIN/Password codes.

Lastly is the VoIP app "TextNow" to make the calls over Wi-Fi or data - 13.1c per min USD.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ofaltas : Forget all the apps and fiddling. Just do it old school. Go to a 7-Eleven and get one of those long distance calling cards that includes Egypt. You call a toll free number and then you dial the number you want. Easy. No minutes get consumed either.

If you were to go the app way then I would not want to be stuck with the other end having to use the same app. But that's just me.

ofaltas

Thank you so much.

I can definitely check these websites, they look good.

Thx again 

ofaltas

Thank you for the rates.

ofaltas

Thank you.

I can try and let you know.

Hi @ofaltas   it is:

https://www.cicicallingcard.com/rates

DestinationRate / MinMin / $5Min / $10Min / $20Min / $50
Egypt14.7 ¢3468136340
Egypt-Mobile22.2 ¢224590225
Egypt-Mobile Etisalat13.3 ¢3775150375
Egypt-Mobile Vodafone20.0 ¢2550100

ofaltas

Thank you for your reply.

Actually the CICI link also does not include Egypt in their rates.

Hi @ofaltas , 

Yes, Viber or other Chat programs would work as long as both have the program. 

Other programs include Whatsapp, Facebook Chat, etc  

ofaltas

Thank you for providing this link.

I can try using Viber.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ofaltas....not available using Public Mobile add-on. Best is to get an Egypt calling card at one of the local 711 or London Drug stores. Probably avialable in more stores too.

If you have the More is Merrier long distance 500 minutes of calling add-on...give it a try. It might work and you won't be billed anything extra.

Let us know if you succeed.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ofaltas wrote:

But is there a way to purchase minutes to call Egypt?

even international adds on, does not include egypt

According to what others said they simply don't offer that, you'd need to purchase a calling card or use a service like Textnow or Fongo.

@ofaltas wrote:

@ofaltas sorry, it is not currently being offered in the country line up with Public Mobile.

@ofaltas wrote:

@ofaltas   not with PM.

You can buy Long Distance calling calls from convenient stores.  Their price is ok and fairly easy to use

this is an example (but you can buy the card in store)

https://www.cicicallingcard.com/

ofaltas

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ofaltas wrote:

The international adds on countries, does not include Egypt.

How can i call egypt from Canada?

@ofaltas  - sorry, that country is not listed in the addons. Have you tried it by any chance?

https://www.wikihow.com/Call-Egypt-from-Canada

Do you know someone else with a cell or landline you could use their service on?

You have unlimited texting available. Can you text the person, and maybe they can call you?

EDIT: you could try this method if interested: https://www.g3telecom.com/long-distance/call-egypt-rm

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ofaltas   ,   Egypt is not on the Long distance list of PM.  The countries on the list is very small

• Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

darkomega

@ofaltas wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

No problem 🙂

ofaltas

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

darkomega

It's not on the list according to the announcement, but you could always try, your mileage may vary though. That is if you're referring to the current free giveaway minutes, I'm not sure about the addon for long-distance that you can purchase itself.

Edit: cleaned up grammar ect.

Need Help? Let's chat.