cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call forwarding

Traveller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change my Ontario number to a Quebec number, can calls to my Ontario number be forwarded to my Quebec number automatically?  If so, for how long?

10 REPLIES 10

@benfatto wrote:

The moment you change to a PQ number your Ontario number is permanently deactivated.

...until the old phone number is re-farmed to a new customer. 😉

Traveller

I am checking this out....sounds like it might work

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Traveller what are you trying to do?

Would you consider using VoIp app for the Quebec number?? Download TextNow and pick a Quebec number.   Peoplw call your Quebec number and your VoIP app will ring.  So you get 2 number the same time 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Traveller  What you suggest cannot be done. The moment you change to a PQ number your Ontario number is permanently deactivated. 
To do as you suggest, get a PQ number from https://www.fongo.com. Then forward your current number there.

• Fongo has free calling in Canada over wifi or cellular data.
  • Setup voicemail to email on Fongo to receive notification and copies of voicemail wherever you are. 

Nothing will happen.  Calls to an inactive number can't be completed. 

@Traveller  Yes or get a dual sim phone 

adding or a phone that supports esim and get the new Quebec number with provider that supports esim and keep public mobile SIM card in the tray 

Traveller

very helpful advice but to do that, won't I need two telephones....mine only takes one sim card

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Traveller @If you change Ontario number to Quebec number the Ontario number is no longer … but if you keep two numbers you can call forward one number to the other indefinitely until you disable call forward 

Traveller

cannot risk losing the original number....it is essential to remain connect to people in many countries

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No, changing numbers abandons the old number.

Adding - but an interesting test. Just before selecting a new number, set up call forwarding to that number. Then let it go. Then see what happens and for how long.

Need Help? Let's chat.