cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call barring password

stumurray
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot access my call barring feature on my phone have tryed 0000 and 1234 those are the default one. Does any one know the password from public mobile because i was told to contact my service provider.

10 REPLIES 10

@stumurray wrote:

well i get a fail to read data error when i try to use the service so that indicates that my sim card cannot use the feature and the would be the service provider.

@stumurray  - because this isn't supported by Public Mobile.

So, unless, you can find something with a manufacturing setting on the phone model?

You can set up your phone for Call forwarding, if that is of interest.

See options here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

stumurray

well i get a fail to read data error when i try to use the service so that indicates that my sim card cannot use the feature and the would be the service provider.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@stumurray 

Well you learn something new everyday! So I just followed the Samsung directions on how to do this and put the default password of 0000 in and I got a failure message saying its not supported. Since it prompted me to choose the which sim card I wanted to enable the call barring on it leads me to believe the sim card would need to be provisioned with the permissions for this feature which would then be unlocked by the 4 digit code if pm offered this feature.

One of the reasons pm probably doesnt offer this feature other than its a first tier kinda thing is the lack of any overages or extra billing or fees at public mobile so the importance of being able to enable this feature drops to a very low priority for most users.

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/how-to-activate-and-use-the-call-barring-feature-o...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @stumurray 

The PIN you setup for Call Barring is for your device only.  It has nothing to do with the Carrier.

Don't get mixed up with  SIM PIN .

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @stumurray 

if the call barring rejected those code 0000 or 1234
try go to Settings Applications Dialer Storage Force stop ok and Rebooting device test it.

if still issue try backup and Factory Reset.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@stumurray  - OH, well ignore my first message that was just wrong. The 0000 and the 1234 got me thinking of something else.

That service is not provided here.

See a past post about this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Call-barring-incoming/m-p/271454

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@stumurray wrote:

I cannot access my call barring feature on my phone have tryed 0000 and 1234 those are the default one. Does any one know the password from public mobile because i was told to contact my service provider.

@stumurray  -

Is your phone locked to its previous provider? If so, contact them to unlock if for you.

OR -if your SIM card locked? 

If you had too many failed attempts you may have locked it up. You may need CSA to help you unlock it.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

stumurray

I am looking to activate call barring on all outgoing calls my phone wants a password to activate the feature.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@stumurray 

Are you writing about call-blocking?   I do not believe Public Mobile offers a "call barring" service with their calling services.

That feature should be available from the call-log of the call you wish to block.   If you go into the call from the undesired caller, there should be options from there to "block" that user/number.   Of course, this option is different by device, however most calling apps have the feature to enable it.

Need Help? Let's chat.