cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked voicemail

marie5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my SIM card is broken. While waiting for my new one to arrive, I need to take my messages. I used another phone to do so. Unfortunately, I tried 3 times with the wrong password and my voicemail is now blocked. it says that I need to call with my own phone to unlock it (which I can't do since ma SIM card is broken). I tried to reinitiate my password using the self service website. It gave me a temporary password, but it didn't work because when I called my number again using another phone, I didn't get the chance to enter the temporary code and I heard again the message that I need to call using my own phone in order to unlonck my voicemail. Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks!

Bonjour, j'ai brisé ma carte SIM. En attendant de recevoir celle que j'ai commandé, j'ai utilisé Skype pour m'appeler et prendre mes messages vocaux. Malheureusement, ma boite vocale a été verrouillée après 3 tentatives avec le mauvais mot de passe. Si je réessaie, j'entends que ma boite vocale a été verrouillée, et que je dois rappeler avec mon téléphone pour la déverrouiller. Je ne peux pas faire ça, puisque ma carte SIM est brisée. À partir du libre service, j'ai cliqué sur "réinitialiser mon mot de passe". Ça m'a indiqué un nouveau mot de passe temporaire. J'ai donc rappelé à mon numéro, mais je n'ai pu utiliser ce numéro de passe temporaire, car j'ai tout de suite entendu le même message qui dit que je dois rappeler avec mon propre téléphone pour déverrouiller la boite vocale. Des idées pour que j'arrive à prendre mes messages? Merci!

6 REPLIES 6

@marie5  Happy that issue is fully resolved.  

Where did you order your SIM?  if you are ordering from PM only , it might take long.

marie5

Hi, in fact, I tried some minutes ago calling my number for a third time, thinking that maybe I was too quick to call after reseting my password, and this time, I had the option to enter my temporary password. It worked.  

@marie5   Sorry, I search more and seems like you are right.  If VM password is reset this way, you need your phone to use the temp access code.  

Please open a ticket with Mod.  They usually reply quick.  Just keep checking your Community inbox after you opened the ticket.

marie5

That's what I did: it gave me a temporary code that I couldn't use

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@marie5  are you able to logon My Account?  If so,  try Reset Voice mail password from the main page in the My Profile Box

hTideGnow_0-1627175911890.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.