cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay promo

Inna1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I didn't have a credit card when I signed up for 3GB plus 250Mb for auto pay so I didn't get the bonus for the first month. I was told that once I set up autopay I would get the bonus. I set up autopay to my new credit card but I don't see any mention of 250 extra data when I look at my account. Two questions- will the bonus show up next month, how can I verify that I set up autopay correctly?

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Inna1   Your plan was supposed to be 2.5GB +500MB bonus with autopay.  So, in the end, you will get 3GB

Now you are getting 3GB, so you are getting what you would be getting with Autopay enabled.  

And it is NOT 3.5GB because your base plan was supposed to be 2.5GB only.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Inna1 

Long story short I noticed this change in plan details in May. But you are still getting the maximum plan data that was advertised. Would you prefer the details to be 2.5gb+500mb for autopay?

Inna1

Yes, but I joined when autopay was a perk. They would not accept my debit for autopay so I had to get a credit card. I was told that once I got a credit card and set up autopay I would receive my bonus data. I got a card, setup auto pay but no record of receiving any bonus data. 

Inna1

I think mine was different. I checked my profile with no autopay and it was for 3GB. I then started autopay and it is still 3GB. Shouldn't there be some bonus data added for autopay?

Inna1

Where does it show that I received the autopay bonus? They would not accept a debit card for autopay so I told them I would do autopay in my second month, which I did, but no bonus data is shown. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Inna1 

One of the reasons public mobile has gone back to an online only provider is the misinformation from sales reps when activating customers. Sometime in the past year public mobile changed the coding to the $35 plan to conform to the CRTC mandate of offering a $35/3gb plan. So it changed from 2.5gb +500mb for autopay to 3gb period regardless of signing up for autopay. The sales rep did not know what he was talking about....he was in it for the commission  rather than your best interests.

So instead ask customer support to add 12MONTHS2GB because the sales rep did not....as you are eligible for 2gb of bonus recurring plan data for the next 12 months.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Inna1 

My apologies I meant July 13th.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Inna1 

Before July 13th this is how the $35 plan was advertised.

Screenshot_20220718-120138~2.png

Inna1

Yes, but when I signed up I was told I would get a bonus for auto play when I added it to my account. I signed up on June 21. I could not do autopay at the time of sign up because they would not accept a debit card so I had to apply for a credit card then add it to my account, which I did. But no bonus appeared! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Inna1 

So you activated in store? They unfortunately gave you some misinformation. You can ask customer support to add the promocode 12MONTHS2GB for 2gb of bonus recurring plan data. Otherwise if you activated online you can use the promocode I sent you in your private messages.

Inna1

After June 13th

Inna1

Hi, I noticed that but when I signed up I didn't have a credit card yet. They told me no problem I would get the extra date next month when I signed up for autpay. If I knew that they were going to reneg on the bonus my friend would have just put it on her card and then changed the card info when I got my card. 

Inna1

I found it. My plan started on June 21

Inna1

I have been searching on my plan and I can't find any place where it would list if you are set up for autopay. i looked at my payment history and profile

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Inna1 

go to your account details and check it out what the information showing your plan,

and when you did activated

Inna1

If you look at the plans on their website it shows that for 35. you will get you 3GB no mention of autopay so the bonus for doing auto pay should be in additon to the 3GB

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Inna1 

Yes there seems to be a little misinformation given....all plans except the $15 plan come with 500mb autopay bonus. The $15 plan comes with 250mb. Both the $35 plan and the $15 plan have the autopay bonus coded to the plan so having autopay is not contigent to recieve the data bonus. Interestingly the new plans page does not nention the autopay bonus and it is included in data bucket of all of the plans up to the $40/5gb plan and not included in the $50/10gb and $70/20gb plans.

With the new self serve account it appears once you have a card registered you are signed up for "autopay" now misnamed "pre-authorized" payments. You can only replace your payment card in your self serve account. You must contact customer support to remove it completely. Not acceptable in my opinion.

When did you activate? Did you do it online before or after June 13th 2022.

Edit: Sorry I meant July 13th.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

That is a tricky question. Current plans do not offer any benefits for autopay.

You should look exactly what your current Plan is offering and if it does say 'autopay gives you 250MB extra' then you will get it.

But I Doubts you will get 250MB if you select autopay as that was perk from the past.

New plans do not have that anymore.

Firm clarification can be provided by agents only. Everything else is wild guess...

Meow_0-1658166360799.png

No mentioning 250MB bonus for autopay.

Inna1

Yes, I am on the 35. plan. I thought it was advertised as 3GB plus 250MB

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I would just like to add. 

If you have auto pay set up you will  receive the bonus data.

No matter how you pay...vouchers.....manual top ups......you will receive the bonus data even though auto will not kick in. Auto pay just has to be there. Your payment comes from balance first. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Inna1   are you on the $35 plan ?  If so, it is 2.5 GB + 500 MB with Autopay.  So, if you already have 3GB, I think it is good without problem

Need Help? Let's chat.