cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto pay notification

sparky4514
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have multiple accounts myself and elderly brother and wife. I pay and manage these accounts for them. Is there a way to have the  payment notification which is normally sent to each phone by sms. Can these be sent to email account instead? Instead of them get sms notification I would get email notification as all these accounts are with my email accounts.

Hope this makes sense to someone.. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@sparky4514 

You are asking the question correctly but a per request per account email notification won't happen. Even emails and texts for autopay failures are relatively new. It's all or nothing here so when weighing costs it makes sense that pm only enabled a failure email to be sent rather than a successful renewal. Does it make a difference to be informed of a successful renewal vs an unsuccessful one? Alternatively you can set up notifications from your financial institution for payment alerts....so you can get a confirmation for a successful renewal? Just not from pm.

sparky4514

okay thank you, not what I am looking for. 

I am probably not asking my question correctly. I will just keep receiving the sms every month... Thanks for looking into this and trying to find a solution.

@sparky4514 

if you keeping track of all the renewal dates, on the morning of each renewal, maybe after 9AM EST and not not earlier,  call 1.855.4PUBLIC and enter the phoneb number supposedly to be renewed, it will tell yiubof plan got renewed or not. 

But remember, PM is running in a 30 days cycle  so the renewal date will change after every  31 days minth

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@sparky4514 

Ah you are asking for an email regarding successful payment.....well no news is good news? I do believe an autopay failure/account suspension email is sent out but this may be YMMV? But I seem to remember getting one recently for one of my accounts that is suspended most of the time. I usually suspend via lost/stolen so no email but it slipped my mind and I missed the cut off so it went to autopay and failed (as expected) and that may have generated an email? I would have to double check..... ?

Edit:

Indeed I was correct....no news is good news....

Screenshot_20230419-024728~3.png

sparky4514

Right okay thanks for the fast response...

sparky4514

All accounts are on auto pay, So it is just the sms that you receive that says payment has been made...

By the sounds of it this probably can't be an email notification and is an auto response by PM to the phone.

sparky4514

These are not reminders they are the sms you get saying that you have paid or payment has been made something similar to that.. I just wanted the notification to come to me and not their phones..

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@sparky4514 

Great idea but I don't think pm has any plans to introduce email notifications for 30 day cycle payments. In fact the SMS text upcoming payment reminder messages haven't been sent out since January (at least for me?) Rather can you not set each account's renewal date in your (google?) calendar set to remind you every 30 days? (I could be wrong since it seems to me to be a simple task for a computer to perform is often unachievable.) Or just top up all accounts at the same time?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@sparky4514 wrote:

I have multiple accounts myself and elderly brother and wife. I pay and manage these accounts for them. Is there a way to have the  payment notification which is normally sent to each phone by sms. Can these be sent to email account instead? Instead of them get sms notification I would get email notification as all these accounts are with my email accounts.

Hope this makes sense to someone.. Thanks

Public Mobile doesn't send the payment reminders by email. They only sent them by text message but they haven't sent them for months.

Need Help? Let's chat.