cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apn setting for data usage in USA

estate24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi   

I was recently in the States but could not access data.  My plan includes US.  I searched through the Help support to ask about APN setting and it gives instructions to check my APN to show that it says:

“Verify the following field match:- APN: SP.MB.COM”

My APN says “isp.mb.com” and not sp.mb.com

was that the issue I could not use data while in the USA?

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@estate24 APN settings is the same in US as in Canada bevause when you are roaming, all your traffic actually routed back to PM network in Canada.  So as long as your phone works on PM network in Canada, the APN settings will work in US without any changes needed

your issue is likely just a network selection and network mode issue only.  Just make sure you try  T-Mobile/AT&T/Version and set with 4G/LTE when you see in US

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@estate24, is your data working fine at home (in Canada)? If yes then check in your phones Cellular setting to see if you have Data Roaming turned on. You can have this set to on at all times with no issues. If you are using an Android device make sure you do not have any data limiters set. You can also check in your PM app to see if you have data still remaining on your current month subscription

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@estate24 

Do you have data issues while in Canada?  If no issues, your phone should just work in the USA also. 

Which model phone?  

Sometimes a reboot of phone.  Network reset of phone will help.  

APN settings:

APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN Type: default,supl,mms
                             or             default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Need Help? Let's chat.