cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

address change

Bill10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to enter an address change and the system is telling me that I am using an INVALID CITY. I know what city I am in.

8 REPLIES 8

holliemaxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem! My old address is toxic so I need to change it just in case Public Mobile gets hacked or anything.

@Rondee- I wouldn't bother. That profile information has no effect on anything else here.

@Rondee wrote:

I am also trying to update my address and it says that the city is invalid.

So the "solution" is to choose whatever city is the closest and listed? If in St. Albert, choose Edmonton, if in Airdrie, choose Calgary?

Yes:  That's all you can do. The Self Serve website won't let you save changes until a city from the list has been selected.

Rondee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am also trying to update my address and it says that the city is invalid.

So the "solution" is to choose whatever city is the closest and listed? If in St. Albert, choose Edmonton, if in Airdrie, choose Calgary?

@Dunkman wrote:

Which city are you trying? The address system does not show every city unfortunately.  For example, some of the cities around Toronto are displayed with this system.  For example, Etobicoke is not listed.  Need to use Toronto.  Supposedly, city names have been grouped together based on municipal code definition. PM management is aware of the issue and it may be changed in the future. 

Having the exact address is not essential for Public mobile, since no ID verification or credit check  is done.  You can put any address you want in that section and it is not verified.  

In the case of Etobiocke, at least that's part of Toronto.  There are cases of regions that aren't represented at all.  The lsit appears to be a copied drop down menu for the list of cities for phone number selection.  In my opinion, this serves no purpsoe.  The city box should be a manual text box.  There's really no reason for Public Mobile to force customers to input a fake address.

@Bill10 

The field for city is a list.  You cannot type in a city name. You must click on a city name to and then save the changes.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Which city are you trying? The address system does not show every city unfortunately.  For example, some of the cities around Toronto are displayed with this system.  For example, Etobicoke is not listed.  Need to use Toronto.  Supposedly, city names have been grouped together based on municipal code definition. PM management is aware of the issue and it may be changed in the future. 

Having the exact address is not essential for Public mobile, since no ID verification or credit check  is done.  You can put any address you want in that section and it is not verified.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bill10 

What town are you at? Maybe try the biggest city near you.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Watch for leading or trailing blanks. Does it offer you a list of cities or you have to type it?

Did you try using different browser or incognito mode? Try using computer and not phone to do any updates on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.