cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ad on

massongk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased an Ad On for a trip to the US.

I paid $20 for the US Roaming bundle, Talk, Text, 250 Data (10 day).

When I arrived in the US I found that talk and text did not work.

Public Mobile forced me to purchase an additional $15 Ad On to get Talk and Text.

I feel I've been scammed.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@massongk 

It sounds like you purchased the $20/US Roaming 1GB data add on which gave you data. Then when you purchased the $15/US Roaming talk+text bundle you were able to call and text. Did your voice calls drop after two minutes and hearing 3 beeps? ( This is the glitch @dust2dust referred to) If so then you bought the $20 bundle first if not then your first purchase did not contain a talk component. Check your transaction history to view what you actually purchased. You can also view your daily usage pages to see how much data was used while in the US. If it exceeded 250mb and/or 500mb then you know you purchased the $20/US Roaming 1GB data add on.

Of course public mobile didn't force you to purchase the second add on however if you contacted customer support when you realized only your data was working they could have sorted out the issue for you. Most providers charge $12/day to roam in the US so if you stayed more than 3 days you recieved equivalent value.

Next time you go to the US download on wifi a voip provider app like textnow. Purchase the US Roaming data add on. Incoming SMS are recieved regardless of whether you have roaming or not. MMS, RCS and iMessage can be sent or recieved with the US Roaming add on. Voice calls can be sent or recieved with textnow as can SMS texts. Going forward with the decommissioning of the 3G network in the US voice calls will not work with pm's voice services until VoLTE is enabled by telus for pm customers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you look in your plan details page and list back here what all add-ons show? Do you also see the roaming data on your overview page? When you cam back to buy the talk/text bundle did you NOT see the $20 bundle?

There's a problem with having multiple roaming talk add-ons at the same time. You would need to get one or more removed to be able to use talk.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try to connect to AT&T or T-mobile while in US.

Buying another talk & text while having one at your account will not work. First one has to be used within 10 days in order to get another one to be active.

Can you confirm $15 add-on works now or you still have no service in US with PM add-ons?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@massongk 

Purchasing an add on is a two step process.  Need to first load funds, then later purchase add on.  Is it possible that you just loaded funds the first time and did not purchase add on. Do you have any available funds in your account right now ?  ie. extra $20. 

Maybe screen shot your payment history page.  (omit any personal information).  That would provide useful information

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@massongk   the bundle should work.  If it works for data, it will work for talk and text.  Except one thing...

Talk could be an issue in some part of US as AT&T starts shutting down 3G network , which PM voice needs.  So, you might need to manually select T-Mobile or try both T-Mobile and AT&T network. in another area

sound like you bought another $15 add-on, not sure if it works.  But no worry, I think if you open a ticket with PM Support, they can help and they may reverse one of the two transactions. 

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.