cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation

jaredlph001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

tried a password reset, not getting code via email, was going to set up a "My Account" through my son's email and it takes me to the chat bot that doesn't know what i am asking for, trying to activate new account with new sim and am having way too many issues

30 REPLIES 30

@jaredlph001 @You just created a new account by activating the sim card sign into self serve now with email and password you used to activate sim 

hi @jaredlph001 you used an email to activate the sim.  That created the My Account,  you can use the same email amd password to login My Account 

jaredlph001

i now have the sim activated, do i need to register again in order to access the online account?

hi @jaredlph001 try to activate now

if error,  post a screenshot 

you should be able to use the same email as the old one to create this new account.  But try a different email if yoi encounter errors

jaredlph001

it was directly through the PM website

hi @jaredlph001 PM has no more kiosk , so the sales was not really PM's sales

jaredlph001

if sales was so wrong they should be a bit more educated

jaredlph001

which is exactly what i am trying to do, i waited 2 weeks to receive sim card and now am unable to set up a new account to activate it

Hi @jaredlph001 sales was wrong !

your old account was ported out and hence closed   Your old sim card is no longer useful.   Sim can only be used on one account and activated once

now, you need a new Sim and activate a new account 

@jaredlph001 @Because community and self serve are two different systems … and so one you ported your number out of pm at that point your pm account closed automatically and no longer exists … so with your new SIM card activate it with new email .. each account can only have 1 number and 1 email 

jaredlph001

not looking to port number back, just trying to set up as new

jaredlph001

and i was told by sales that you could do it that way. I am both trying to register for a new one as well as do a password reset, my community login didn't close. not sure why the my account would, but regardless it will not work either way right now, i click to register and it takes me to the chat bot and SIMon is incompetent with doing what needs to be done

@hTideGnow @op has a new SIM card , and been trying to activate it 

hi @jaredlph001 you need  to buy a new sim card and activate new account.  You can port the number back in during activation 

@jaredlph001 @That’s why you can’t sign in once you ported number out it automatically closes your account .. so you need to creat a new account with new email while activating new account 

jaredlph001

i already had my number ported out, looking to either register for a new one or activate on my existing account and neither option seems to be working, cleared cache and cookies etc...

@jaredlph001 also each account needs its own email . So if you were trying to use same email as your first account that may be causing you a hiccup , otherwise you can contact support .. but first I’d try clearing your web browser cache / cookies and try again incognito mode , if all else fails 

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Sadly, @jaredlph001 , if the system is down for maintenance, there's no other option.

Yes, try once every couple of hours to see.

Regrettably, PM rarely ever provides service status updates in real time as to their self-serve maintenance routines.

Each time, recommend clearing cache and cookies, and using an incognito or private tab, to access the activation site,

jaredlph001

and it is already 1.5 hours passed that there abouts. just looking to activate, cannot access old account. cannot set up new one.... should i just keep trying every hour til tomorrow at this point?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jaredlph001 @If you scroll up to the top of the page under announcements it was posted Friday and says times it will be down for check it out 

jaredlph001

i just tried again, not getting the code, and the register option has you go to the chat bot. says maintenance will be complete by 11 edt. it is now an hour passed that, is there an etr?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jaredlph001 wrote:

tried a password reset, not getting code via email, was going to set up a "My Account" through my son's email and it takes me to the chat bot that doesn't know what i am asking for, trying to activate new account with new sim and am having way too many issues

Let's follow this through, @jaredlph001 

Password reset should work - unless it's affiliated with the Activation process (which is said to be down right now - but is it)   Supposed to be back online by 11AM EST.   See, Scheduled System Maintenance on Jan 15 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

As far as Activating a new account or service, you'll need a:

1. separate e-mail address
  2. NEW public mobile SIM card available at TELUS, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik branded stores
  3. credit card for the activation 
  4. referral code from someone you know (family/friend/someone here if you request)

Then, you tap here ACTIVATE to get going!

@jaredlph001 @It will work later , there was a post about it couple days ago planned maintenance and that activation specifically will be down for a period of time and can resume afterwards 

jaredlph001

no point in opening a ticket where it is down for maintenance, should have been completed an hour ago tho

@jaredlph001 @It shouldn’t affect that , try again incognito mode there are cache issues 

@jaredlph001 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

jaredlph001

it must also be affecting the password reset option as well.... it keeps loading the chat bot

jaredlph001

well that is just great, waited 2 weeks for the sim card to come in, went past my son's birthday. want it ready for tomorrow and now there are activation issues. what is the ETR for resolution?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @jaredlph001 did you try open ticket with CS agent yet??

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jaredlph001 @Activation is down for maintenance , you will have to try later 

Need Help? Let's chat.