cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating new phone

David_A
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, so I have my new phone and i'm trying to use the online tool to activate and swap my new SIM but it keeps telling me that my email address has already been taken. Well NFS genius, it's the email that is on my account!!! I am very frustrated at this point. Some assistance would be appreciated

D

13 REPLIES 13

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- Yup. Yummy answered the immediate question. After some more details, Outdoorsman answered the rest. The K61 is nano so it's not about going up in size. I'm guessing the OP means maybe the cut up original sim is "rattling" around in the tray of his new phone. Maybe the old phone was a pressure slot that could hold the sim but not now with the tray.

Guess, we understand the events differently. I'll agree to disagree, respectively.

Well keep your eyes peeled @dust2dust , if I have time, I am going for older threads just for you. 🤜🤛

@esjliv- Yup. Yummy answered the immediate question. After some more details, Outdoorsman answered the rest. The K61 is nano so it's not about going up in size. I'm guessing the OP means maybe the cut up original sim is "rattling" around in the tray of his new phone. Maybe the old phone was a pressure slot that could hold the sim but not now with the tray.

Really, you have an issue with delayed posts, do you @dust2dust ? When nothing new added, I agree with you.

So, can you tell me how I offended your etiquette?

Did I miss who else offered a sim swap is likely not needed here, other than @Outdoorsman. (who said "you may have to break it down to the smaller nano size"), but it seems the reverse is the case in @David_A's situation.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv, @Timer - Sigh. Whole entire next day with nothing new to add.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@David_A 

@David_A wrote:

Outdoorsman,

My old SIM has been trimmed down to the quick in order to fit into my old phone. It won't fit into my new phone so I bought a new SIM card. I have logged into my account and have not seen a Self Serve link. Also, when I click on Activate, the website takes me to the same site that told me my email address was already taken.

D

@David_A  - if I am understanding your situation here, you don't need to swap your sim card number.

If you purchased a new sim card, and you still have the old sim card that is smaller than what fits your new phone, you just need to take the outer adapters of the new sim card and gently remove them to add them around your old sim card. Then you can just move the old sim card into your new phone.

esjliv_0-1633259841786.png

@David_A   First make sure to clear your browser cache/cookies and use incognito mode before login to self serve account.  As long as your account isn't suspended due to lack of funds, then you can simply click the Quick Link on the right hand side of the account page and then select SIM Change and follow prompts.  If you didn't use 2FA to login into the account (2FA is turned off), then you will need to verify the account by 2FA in order to complete the SIM change.  Log out reboot your phone if necessary.

David_A

Outdoorsman,

My old SIM has been trimmed down to the quick in order to fit into my old phone. It won't fit into my new phone so I bought a new SIM card. I have logged into my account and have not seen a Self Serve link. Also, when I click on Activate, the website takes me to the same site that told me my email address was already taken.

D

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@David_A hi if you already have an account(looks like you do) then you most likely can swap the sim from your old phone take it an put in your new phone ,you may have to break it down to the smaller nano size,you can keep the new one for a spare or if need  be you can change sim number in your self serve account go to  profile/sim 

David_A

Hello.

I have been with PM for several years. I don't have multiple accounts, just one. I am trying to transfer my new phone (LG K61) over my old phone (which doesn't work anymore, it won't even turn on). Please advise

D

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@David_A , SIM swap does not involve new activation.  SIM swap is a function in the self serve account.  You keep the existing account in the process.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you Already have service with PM?

You cannot use same email for multiple accounts. You can use alias, though.

If you can log in to your account, SIM swap is simple process.

So, little bit more details is needed what exactly you try to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.