cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account has been suspended a day before the payment is suppose to be taken out twice now.

Tg175
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As the title says, i have auto pay which is suppose to come out on the 31st/1st but twice now i've been received a text saying my account has been suspended before the payment it owed. i have the money but my account and phone are being locked anyway. i would like to know why this is happening and maybe talk to an actual person instead of the extremely unhelpful 611 and AI. i'm considering changing providers if this keeps happening.

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tg175 

honestly when one's account is in the middle of renewing. 611 will say that for a while and the same with the self serve. if you decide to manually pay ahead of time you can safely ignore the message. otherwise, if you decide to rely on auto-pay the symptoms you need to look for are no service or a text message that says the account failed to renew. calling 611 or looking at the self serve will just confuse you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tg175 - do you lose services at all during this time?

If you have autopay enabled and a valid card on file with public mobile in your My Account you certainly should not be receiving a TEXT message saying your account is suspended.

Since this happened before, i'd follow other members methods to submit a ticket to CSA and ask them why this is happening to your account. If you don't mind sharing what they say, please come back and let us know. I am sure others have received these TEXTS in error or legitimately also.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

In case of autopay failure, manual payment resolves suspension issue.

You can bring this to agent's attention and request explanation why is this happening to you.

@Tg175  Auto pay does fail , some people around here go and make manual top ups just before bill is due to be safe from this glitch that seems to happen .. all too often …least your back up and running agin thou happy to hear that . 

edit. We are just customers like you trying to help , but good thing for you is you knew the work around to get payment made with 611 little tips and skills like this comes in handy for a strictly online site with no live agents 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tg175   PM is running on a 30 days cycle, not monthly

The cycle date might say  the cycle ends at Jan 31, but truth is that it ends the first minute of Jan 31 , not 23:59

So, if you login to My Account and see the account is suspened, please click "Reacative my plan" and follow the steps to pay manually.

If you have setup Pre-Authorized payment and failed, and failed more than once, it is not good, I suggest you to open ticket with PM support and complain, and hopefully they can find out the reason

If you want to make a formal complain, Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Tg175
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i called 611 after getting the text and it told me my account was suspended. it reactivated after i made a manual payment which is fine but this keeps happening which has been frustrating

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tg175  Do you still have services now , sometimes it will say this just before renewal. But safe to ignore…. Also check your account to see if you have available funds for the extra charge and there are also time on your cc you will see two charges one pending other posted if that’s the case the pending charge should fall off 

if you need further assistance from support here’s a link 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.