cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a SMS offer is it right or scum

Moteh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the below sms from 5213 number Does it belong to the public mobile or it is a fake sms and scum ?

"Public Mobile here. Our apology for the error in our previous message. Here are the correct offer details. Get 5GB of data at 3G speeds of up to 3MBPS for only $25/month. Reply YES to get this limited time offer added to your account and will take effect on your next renewal date. Hurry, offer ends November 20, 2023. Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers."

11 REPLIES 11

Baklava
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This message is really from PM. I got it as well.

@DennyCrane thank you for clarification. It might help other customers to better understand this offer.
Since I do not plan to change my plan I ignore these offers BUT some people might find them very attractive.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Moteh wrote:

I received the below sms from 5213 number Does it belong to the public mobile or it is a fake sms and scum ?

"Public Mobile here. Our apology for the error in our previous message. Here are the correct offer details. Get 5GB of data at 3G speeds of up to 3MBPS for only $25/month. Reply YES to get this limited time offer added to your account and will take effect on your next renewal date. Hurry, offer ends November 20, 2023. Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers."

@Moteh , I have seen a few posts about some Customers receiving this offer through text messages! I keep 🙏🏼 that I will get this to! It is definitely a legit offer. 🙂

@Yummy The first offer said 3GBPS which is faster than 5G speed! They corrected it to say 3MBPS, which is still wrong! It should say 3Mbps.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I got the same but I did not see difference in wording between this 'apology' vs first SMS. Maybe I did not read carefully...

I never checked right away myself. I was talking to someone on the boards and suggested I look at my app to confirm. Remember when everyone was confused about the offer a few months back? So I looked at it was on the app within a few hours. 

Interesting. I'm surprised you'd see it within 24 hours even. Good to know.

See, that's the thing. For some it takes 24 hours or so to show up under the "pending" changes. For some, it shows up right away. You know how it goes... the ongoing consistency of Public Mobile. 😋

@Chalupa_Batman I don't believe it will show up as a pending change right away though, will it? I think it takes time to work through the systems once you respond to the text.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Moteh It's valid/legit. I'm assuming you're on the $15 plan? This offer is by invite only, so consider yourself lucky 😁

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Moteh 

It's legit.

Congrats on getting the $25 5GB offer. Yes, the offer is real. You need to reply YES to it and when you do, you’ll get a text back saying it’s been accepted. This will change on your next renewal date. If you wish to confirm this, you can always download the Public Mobile app, sign in, go to the little plus symbol that’s circled bottom left corner, hit subscriptions, then on that page there it will show up coming changes. Enjoy.

EDIT: NEVER say stop because you never know when you'll miss a deal that will blow your mind!

Need Help? Let's chat.