cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong/unusable US add-on

fozzybear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling to Florida for a couple of weeks, and purchased a US talk and text add-on. It appears as though this no longer works in many areas of the US, including Florida. I wish this would have been advertised more clearly as I was making the purchase. Somewhat crazy that this add-on is still on offer when it doesn’t work in half the country. 
I am a loyal Public Mobile user but am quite frustrated at the moment. I am kindly requesting a refund for this add-on that has proven to be entirely useless. Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

@DennyCrane- I was addressing the frustrated part. You had already handily covered the working part. Although he didn't get data.

@dust2dust Agreed, but that isn't the reason for data or text not working.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The frustrating part is actually the severe restrictions this place has for enabling volte on devices. It would all be vastly smoother for customers if they had implemented industry-standard systems for volte. But no. Phones that can work perfectly with volte on some providers don't work here. It sucks. And this is the outcome. Frustrated customers wanting to user a service that they offer for sale.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It works in Florida. What specially is your issue? Texts shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you're not connected to AT&T 5G as that doesn't work. TMobile 4G and 5G as well as AT&T 4G also works.

You also need to make sure you have your Network Selection set to automatic and your Preferred Network to 4G/LTE. If automatically doesn't connect you to one of those 3, change it to manual and connect to one of them yourself.

For phone calls you need a VoLTE capable phone, because the US no longer has 3G networks to make phone calls on. Failing this you'd need to hope there is legacy TMobile 2G coverage, but YMMV.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.