cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number after porting in

mrvedder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bit of an odd situation here. iPhone 13 successfully ported from Zoomer. Was previously using a physical SIM with Zoomer and now on eSIM. Rebooted the phone and confirmed that I can make and receive calls using “my” phone number. Trouble is that the iPhone is still showing the temporary PM phone number under Settings>Phone>My Number. It won’t let me save my original number. This is affecting iMessage and FaceTime. I’ve toggled those both off and back on. Any suggestions ?

4 REPLIES 4

mrvedder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reset Network Settings did the trick. Thanks!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mrvedder  remove the phone number from iMessage first.  Reboot the phone, 

then go back and enter the phone number again

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mrvedder  Reset network settings and reboot the phone 

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @mrvedder,

It seems like you're facing an issue with the display of your phone number on your iPhone 13, especially in the settings for iMessage and FaceTime. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

2. Update iOS: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

3. Reset Network Settings: Resetting network settings can sometimes fix connectivity issues. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will also reset Wi-Fi passwords and other network-related settings.

4. Check Date and Time Settings: Ensure that your date and time settings are correct. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, and make sure that "Set Automatically" is enabled.

5. Toggle iMessage and FaceTime: Turn off iMessage and FaceTime in Settings, wait a few seconds, and then turn them back on. This can sometimes help refresh the connection.

6. Check eSIM Activation: Confirm that your eSIM is properly activated and configured. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Plans, and make sure your eSIM plan is selected and active.

7. Contact Carrier Support: If the issue persists, reach out to your carrier's support. They may be able to assist you with any specific settings related to eSIM activation and phone number display.

8. Reset All Settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will not delete your data, but it will reset system settings to their defaults.

9. Contact Public Mobile: If you encounter any difficulties during the process, it's recommended to contact Public Mobile's customer support for assistance. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission.

Remember to back up your important data before attempting any significant changes to your device settings.

Good luck! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.