cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong amount charged

Mustafa1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was charged $9.04 instead of $5.78. I have not made any changes so need to know the reason.

13 REPLIES 13

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mustafa1 you received neither text nor email? I am gald it was prepared with the $3.  Still not like it

@dust2dust  yes, it is even worse to look at the % increase after the reward.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Actually there wouldn't be a file to close. The CCTS would advise the customer to contact the provider before accepting the Complaint.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@computergeek541$9.04 would be 13% taxes in on $8. $8 would be ($10 + $3) - $5. $5 would be $2 autopay plus likely $3 loyalty. Or any other reward combination amounting to $3 with at least $2 of that being from loyalty.

$5.78 is likely a typo due to the fact that it doesn't compute to an even dollar anywhere so likely should be 5.65 which would be 13% taxes in on $5. $5 would be $10 - $5. Same likely reward structure from above.

@JL9 wrote:

Feel free to voice your concerns with the CCTS

Until we here back from the OP (Mustafa1), we're all really speculating at what caused a higher amount to be charged.   We also don't know yet if the Mustafa1 has contacted Public Mobile about this as of yet.  If a customer files a CCTS complaint without first trying to resolve a complaint directly with the carrier, any such CCTS case would likely face immediate closure.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Feel free to voice your concerns with the CCTS

@dabr  wrote:

@NDesai   Lol...I can't make your calculations quite work, well rather the $9x13% would bring the total to $10.17 by my calculation.  I'm also having trouble with OP's $9.04 amount...

Lol, I knew I messed it up somewhere. It should be $8x13% tax. Perhaps OP just earned $1 loyalty just before renewal?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai   Lol...I can't make your calculations quite work, well rather the $9x13% would bring the total to $10.17 by my calculation.  I'm also having trouble with OP's $9.04 amount...

@Mustafa1   What province are you in?

@softechNo the loyalty and all rewards are ongoing. It's that 3 years have been taken back rendering it now a 2 year loyalty to earn over and above the $3 price hike negating the 3 years of loyalty. So much for loyalty.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dust2dust   just to confirm, those Loyalty reward all gone from $10 plan user now?

So, they all got charged $13 + tax (forget about Community reward, Autopay reward and Referrals for now)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mustafa1 

Looks like you are another customer would did not get a text from 5129 (pm) or an email informing you of the change. Even if you had logged into your self serve account before April 28th 2022 there was no notification or indication that your $10 legacy plan price would suddenly increase a whopping 30% to $13. You have options to complain about the price and register your opposition to such an unreasonable and unjust rate hike increase to your plan price. It starts with a complaint to public mobile via customer support.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Previous amount should be $6.78. 
Previously: $10-$4 rewards = $6x13% tax = $6.78
Now: $13-$5 rewards? = $8x13% = $9.04

Edit: corrected calculation

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The price on the $10 plan increased to $13 on April 28

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mustafa1   Are you on the grandfathered $10 plan?  That plan got a price hike of 30% ($3) effective 28th April. 

Many customers received a notice (email/text) about the price increase couple of months ago, if you didn't receive any prior notice of the increase, then submit a complaint ticket to customer support via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket then private message CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.