cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Province Assigned

SalPal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there!

I live in ON, want to sign up for a plan with Public Mobile, but both the site and the app think I am located in QC. When I go to enter my credit card payment info, it says that the plan I want is not available in my area code (the URL is set to an English QC one and I cannot switch it). I cannot find anywhere I to change the setting for my home province, as I am not allowed to move forward past the activation screen. As noted, I even tried downloading the app on my phone to finish the activation there (as suggested by a chat rep), but the app also says "selected province" is QC and does not allow me to change it.

I'm about to tear out my hair, please help!

17 REPLIES 17

SalPal

He just means the postal code.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@SalPal

That is strange. If you CC have an Ontario postal code and your phone number is a Ontario area code.

It shouldn’t be a problem so I will think it is a glitch on The PM app. Contact a CS_Agent by DM them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

There is no requirement for the area code to be from the same province as the credit card. 

@SalPal 

i was hoping uinstall and resintall with a new email address would work

I guess I am out of idea 😞 too.  Really need support agent to get involved, message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

SalPal

Yeah, I wasn't kidding that it makes me want to tear my hair out!

SalPal

Like I said, this isn't limited to the app. It's also an issue with the browser on my desktop. I've tried doing this with a different email as well (in incognito mode) on the phone disconnected from wifi and was faced with the same issue.

@SalPal 

uninstall the app, reboot, reinstall the app

make sure the app is showing the correct province

create a new account using another email address.  After account creation and before subscribing, check if the province is Ontario again, then start..

SalPal

I've tried both, no luck. See screenshots above.

SalPal

This is not limited to the app, it's both in the browser on my desktop as well as the app. When I initially signed up with my email on the desktop, it decided I was in QC and does not let me change this setting when I got o active (see posts above).

SalPal

I can change it on the main site:

SalPal_0-1707445558146.png

However, when I go to active, it changes automatically with no option to change it back:

SalPal_1-1707445618011.png

When I enter my ON postal code, it gives me an error as before:

SalPal_2-1707445647825.png

There is no option to change the province at this point.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@SalPal from the main page publicmobile.ca  there is a yellow  box at the far right top corner with 3 vertical lines.  When you click on it, it takes you to options. Click on Shop. You can change the home province there. It's set to Qc, click on it and it will show a drop down lists with all the provinces and territories. 

See picture. 

At the top of your page, it says, qc or bc, click on the qc on the right side, and it will open up the page with all the provinces and territories. 

If still doesn't work,  as previously stated error with page and you have to contact agent for assistance. 

Screenshot_20240208_210928_Samsung Internet.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SalPal

That is strange. If you CC have an Ontario postal code and your phone number is a Ontario area code.

It shouldn’t be a problem so I will think it is a glitch on The PM app. Contact a CS_Agent by DM them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@SalPal 

try using browser with Incognito mode

or try start the subscription from Public Mobile App, before you pick a plan make sure the app showing you the correct province

SalPal

I am located in ON. When I try to active with the link you provided, I am redirected to the following URL upon logging in to my account: https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/activation/payment

@SalPal wrote:

No, I have NO ties to QC in any way. Everything, including my credit card, is Ontario-based.

@SalPal  and you are located in QC?

but without a credit card linked to a QC address, you need to set the province back to Ontario to get the proper plan

Try to subscribe from the browser using this link to select an Ontario plan:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#ALL

But remember, after payment step, you will need to download the PM app and complete the rest of the subscription steps

SalPal

No, I have NO ties to QC in any way. Everything, including my credit card, is Ontario-based.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SalPal 

your credit card is tie to a Quebec address?  Only people with a credit card with a Quebec address can subscribe a Quebec only plan.

But there seems to be quite some problem with this error message (even the province is correct), so please open a ticket with PM support by direct message here for further assistance:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.