Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Phone Number Ported to Public Mobile

C_greta2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

11 REPLIES 11

@softech wrote:

@HALIMACS @C_greta2  the porting won't even go through (not even a text) because of the account number/IMEI  and phone number mismatch.  So, no worry at all.  Just need to call porting team to update the info so the porting can proceed

That's all of course if the incorrect phone number was through a slip of the finger while typing.  If the customer mistakenly typed in a phone number on the same account,  everything would still match up (assuming account nubmer was used).

@C_greta2 wrote:

Hello, I need a live person to call me please!  Help, help, live help!

@C_greta2  - no one is likely to reach out to you. You will need to reach out to customer support through a support ticket.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

OR, did you receive a phone number for the Telus porting group in your private messages? You could try calling them to resolve. If not submit a ticket by methods above.

C_greta2

Hello, I need a live person to call me please!  Help, help, live help!

That is true - it shouldn't proceed to a PAT, @softech 

👍

@HALIMACS @C_greta2  the porting won't even go through (not even a text) because of the account number/IMEI  and phone number mismatch.  So, no worry at all.  Just need to call porting team to update the info so the porting can proceed

@C_greta2 

Chances are if you mis-typed the number to be ported, the end-user of that number will NOT reply "YES" to the port authorization request, thus causing them to lose their number to you during the activation process.

One would, at least, hope they wouldn't.

@C_greta2   no worry then.  There is a number you can call to the porting support team.  You can call them to tell them the correct number and provide them the account number of the old provider

I will message you the number.  Please check your Community inbox.  Call the porting them and they will fix it

C_greta2

I accidentally typed in a wrong phone number, I mistyped one number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@C_greta2   how you find out wrong number ported to PM?  was the porting completed?  was the 'wrong number" from the old account already closed?

Would be nice if you can provide more details

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@C_greta2 

More details would be helpful.  

Was your port successful?  Once you port from another company, the old carrier account is closed immediately and you can't port back unless you want to start another new account.  If you port back, your new PM account will be closed. 

If you entered the wrong number, your port was unlikely successful.   We can offer more instructions on how to complete port. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@C_greta2  Get support help to try and resolve the issue 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.