cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong MEID

NewWester2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wrong MEID number entered and now I can't get my number to transfer over from Cityfone to Public Mobile..any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

@Shrimp3099  I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the root request for you .also just give them the old providers account number and ignore the IMEI as it’s not needed anywyas @Shrimp3099 

Shrimp3099
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also facing the same issue.. I got a text saying the wrong MEID was entered.. can I please get some help?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Happy to help! 
Hope you enjoy your time with PM!

NewWester2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you my friend..this worked excatly as you said.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NewWester2019  You should just only use the old providers account number not the IMEI . No worries thou I’ll send you porting team number so you can give the account number instead and they will re trigger the port request for you . Sending it private message as we not allowed to post it here and get it fixed 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @NewWester2019 

you can call the porting them and give them the account number .  I will private message you the porting team support number

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NewWester2019 

Hello I am sorry to hear you were having issues with your port. You will have to use your Cityfone account number instead. Any other method seems to be very unreliable. I’ll message you the number to a porting department that can help you out (click the profile picture and then messages or click the envelope icon if on desktop). 

Remember to keep your old cityfone account active. You will need to keep that SIM in your phone to answer yes to a text authorizing the port to take place. Once you lose signal on your old sim that is your sign that the port has been completed. At that point you can put in your new PM SIM and reboot your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.