cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Charges on my BIll

JordanMercier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bill is supposed to be $50.00 with $5.00 in discounts. I just looked at my credit card statement and I've been getting charged $67.80 how is this possible?

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It also depends on the questions. Uh yeah hey how do I port my number over from Telus?...mods. Done. Next!

@RosieR 

I tend to agree that "confus(ing) the bejasus out of (a) customer" may be a result of differences of approaches which are aired in this forum.

I also believe a varied approach serves the best interest of folks seeking out solutions.   Most people can muddle through the 'noise' and focus on actions to help their cause.

So, @Anonymous  @darlicious  & @esjliv , keep it comin!!!   It's likely hidden within the longer and/or shorter responses is a gem of information the OP can benefit from.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JordanMercier wrote:

My bill is supposed to be $50.00 with $5.00 in discounts. I just looked at my credit card statement and I've been getting charged $67.80 how is this possible?

Hi @JordanMercier 

You may have noticed a lot of us try really, really hard to be helpful.

Please screenshot for us, from your self-serve (removing any personal information), your:

• Plan Details
  • Your Transaction History from View Payment History section for past 90 days
  • My Data and Add-Ons section from your self-serve landing page

That will likely give those requesting additional details more than is necessary to give you a definitive answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : As of the image from esjliv...I haven't stepped through an activation for a while. This was an interesting scenario to go explore. But then the system changed 🙂 and so we go back and forth and back and forth 🙂

@Anonymous 

It certainly was possible to purchase add ons at activation. There was one member who purchased the $5/500 min add on in addition to their $15 plan during the boxing day sale who was given it as a credit back for the 30 days free ( recieved a $20 credit.) It sounds like the OP activated the $50 plan on the Black Friday promo ( $5 off/6 months) and purchased a $15/1gb add on?

@darlicious you could be right.  The customer comes to the forums hoping for a simple answer to their problems.  What you guys do is discuss among yourself for several posts back and forth back and forth until you confuse the bejasus out of the customer.  By doing do, you seem to be showing off of who's more knowledgeable than the other.... ok ok already, you are all very knowledgeable so stop trying to top one other in a thread.  Take your conversation in the Lounge!

You chose to tag me on your rant, so I give you permission to rant all you want.  

RosieR

@RosieR 

I suppose I was dancing around the subject so I will come right out and say it. Contact the moderators could be the solution to 95% of all threads. It is also most often chosen as the solution to a thread despite what can be considerable time and effort put in by others to diagnose a problem, troubleshoot, research/ google possible fixes and find the solution and how to apply it but in the end it is a moderator that has to apply the fix ( and sometimes had to be told by us why and how to do it.) But because someone throws in a "contact the moderators" they get the solution. 

The vast majority of high solution earners recieve them because they are the first to post contact the moderators".I don't mean to put this all on you because its certainly not my intention......as its a general rant about this subject not at you personally. But being a high contributor who more often than not has the most or top 3 amount of posts ( and they are rarely one liners!) and bravos but barely 10% of the solutions of other top 25 contributors in an average month  only @AE_Collector  can truly understand my frustration. I should copy and paste @gblackma 's top 3 posts and only post them to prove my point.

All this said our purpose as the community is provide help and advice to fellow customers so they don't have to contact the moderators so using that all too familiar phrase should be the last resort in our arsenal of problem solving. Ok rant over....as you were.....😒😬😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : It has all changed and I don't see a way to add an add-on. It goes from choosing the plan to doing the payment. So I would guess the OP may have activated before the change leaving your scenario still possible.

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : I wondered the same thing. 50 - 5 = 45 + 15 = 60. I forgot about being able to buy add-ons at activation. Is that a thing? But there are several bits of ambiguous language in the OP. Se hopefully he'll come back to update us.

@Anonymous , yes, it does prompt to add addons during activation...at least it did in December on my last activation.

EDIT: this was on Page 3 of the Activation process (end of December 2020). It has probably all changed now with the new format/update changes.

esjliv_0-1615240908682.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : I wondered the same thing. 50 - 5 = 45 + 15 = 60. I forgot about being able to buy add-ons at activation. Is that a thing? But there are several bits of ambiguous language in the OP. Se hopefully he'll come back to update us.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JordanMercier wrote:

@JordanMercier , If you are new the most expensive plan is $50 plus taxes, which should be the in range of $56-$58 charged on credit card.

So when you activated for $50 plan did you also purchase an addon for $10 or two $5 addons. This would be $60 plus taxes = $67.80.

Is this what happened?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : The OP only just started in the community. No not an indication of account duration. I was going more towards yet more f'up on the plans and wondering what exactly this customer has. abTest has asked how long he's been here. Of course crickets from the OP.

@darlicious wrote:

@RosieR 

Although it is likely the moderators will need to be involved we haven't had a chance to help solve the issue yet. Lets try to all work together to figure out the real problem before involving moderator contact. That should be the last post in a thread.

@darlicious so when/if needed to contact the moderators, it is already given.

RosieR

@RosieR 

Although it is likely the moderators will need to be involved we haven't had a chance to help solve the issue yet. Lets try to all work together to figure out the real problem before involving moderator contact. That should be the last post in a thread.

@JordanMercier 

As @Anonymous just mentioned it sounds like you are on the long grandfathered $60 plan without discounts applied but with 13% tax (ont?) charged.  A screenshot of your transaction history and/or your overview page with personal info removed would be very helpful.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@JordanMercier wrote:

Hi @JordanMercier that's a little high even taxes included.  Also, if your plan includes $5 discount, please contact the moderators to explain and/or fix this for you.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Please keep us updated

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JordanMercier : Could you post the page after clicking Plan Details. 60 * 1.13 = 67.8 so I'm curious.

Blank out personal info of course.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JordanMercier- How long have you been getting charged the higher amount?  Are you sure you didn't change plans at some point?  Can you post a screen shot of your payment history for the time around where the billing amount changed(be sure to remove/cover any personal info).  We might be able to figure things out from there.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sales tax is also charged.  Did you setup autopay which saves you $2 and did you have any referrals which saves you $1/account if the person you referred has an active account ?

Need Help? Let's chat.