Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to change Plans

Kayvee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone 

I currently have a plan for 8.5 Gigabytes for which I pay $50/month

However on the public mobile website I see that there is a new plan for 9.5 gigabytes for only $48

Am I eligible to switch? I went on my account dashboard to change the plan but nothing was showing there

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

wildheart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Catherine, I sent a PM to the moderator team regarding this (I am also from Quebec, on the 8.5GB plan, looking to switch for the 9.5GB, but this option doesn’t show up in my self-serve dashboard), and Violette told me this is only for new customers... Can you help us switch plans? Thank you! 😁

Catherine_T,

How do existing.customers go about getting the regional $50 plan?  From my readings, the self serve account will only show the 8.5GB version.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Kayvee wrote:

Hello everyone 

However on the public mobile website I see that there is a new plan for 9.5 gigabytes for only $48

Am I eligible to switch? I went on my account dashboard to change the plan but nothing was showing there

Thanks

I'm assuming that you're in Quebec and this plan is only offered there. Catherine_T confirmed that existing customers could get the $30 plan but I have not read anything about the regional $50 9.5GB plan for existing customers. At the very least, you would have to get the moderators to put you on the correct plan.  @Catherine_T , can you clarify?

I checked with the team, and the regional $50 Quebec plan is for both new and existing customers. I hope this helps! 

Kayvee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone 

A huge thanks to everyone to replied to my question

You guys are right. That plan is only available in Quebec.

Thanks again everyone 🌺🌷♥️

$50 when selecting "change at next renewal" the system does not display the extra bonus data to make it 9.5 gigs but that's because (I think at least) the term of that promo says "after" activation.

We're the system does display $5 discount on $35 plan as the term of that promo says "automatically" applied.

Worst case you just contact mods after renewal to get the 9.5 applied.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

Now If only we had someone in Quebec on the $50 plan to test it for us 🤔😂😂

Uh... @Kayvee ??... still with us? 🙂

@computergeek541  Sorry I may just be getting confused. Apologies.

People on OLD $15 plan with 100 minutes are told change plan to the new $15 with unlimited minutes. The old $15 is no longer a plan option that you can get.(or am I mistaken on the part?)

I'm in Quebec on the $15 unlimited incoming plan. If I go to change my plan for next renewal and select the $15 plan again. I get this. 

Screenshot_20201202_223340.jpg

So does that mean the system will switch me back to the old $15 plan or the new one that I am currently on with unlimited?

But when I go read the new plan it will change me to the description says unlimited incoming minutes.

Screenshot_20201202_224925.jpg

So technically that's the same plan I am on. So system will let me change $15 to $15.??

Now for people on OLD $35 in Quebec which is now $30 but displays as $35. If I go to change plan at next renewal it gives me this.

Screenshot_20201202_225455.jpg

Showing the $5 discount.. I can't test as I am not on the OLD $35 Plan. But maybe if someone is on the OLD plan and went to "Change at next renewal" then they would get the same display as my screenshot above showing the $5 discount?

As for the $50 8.5/9.5.. It has not always been 9.5 gigs for Quebec in the past it was 8.5. Next to 9.5 gigs it says 1/2.

Reading the terms  #1. When activating your SIM online or in-store, choose the $50 plan.

But this is the same term as the $35/30 plan "when activating blah blah". And current members are able to get it.

Theres a bit of a difference in the terms for $35/50

$35

• 1- Activate plan $35 or higher
  • 2 - $5 discount automatically applied to your account
  • 3- autopay

$50

• 1- Activate $50 plan
  • 2- Auto-pay
  • 3- Bonus data will automatically appear on your account after activation.

So if $15 plan the system allows me to change to the same $15 plan.

The $35 plan shows my $5 discount  Then system should allow someone on OLD $35 to do a change at next renewal to the NEW $35 with the discount.

Then the 8.5 plan must be term 3 "automatically appear after activation"

Would that not make sense? I know you said system does not let you change to the same plan but it does let me for the $15 plan. So if OP is on old $50 plan doing a change at next renewal may make the system give her 9.5 gigs at next payment? According to the terms of the NEW $50 Plan.

Now If only we had someone in Quebec on the $50 plan to test it for us 🤔😂😂

@Jb456 wrote:

However whether I read that part wrong. What does that have to do with change now or at next renewal? If Quebec customers are entitled to the 9.5 gigs and schedule a change at next renewal would the not get it? Then mods can-do adjustments in the background?

I'm in Quebec my plans don't even display as the Plans on the website. Ex: $13, $23, etc,etc $48.

You'd think what displays on the website would display in Quebec account under change plans.

The OP said that it doesn't show up, so I interpreted that meant that the plan isn't listed in self serve. As for this case, the member is already on the $50 plan. What would this member switch to? The system wouldn't allow the member to switch to the same plan.  But yes, this means that I moderator would need to perform the change.

@computergeek541  so maybe I got confused by the two different Oracle posts. You's are the Oracle's I'm not.

I read your post. Catherine confirmed Quebec customers can get the $35 plan for $30. You asked her to confirm if Quebec can also get 9.5 gigs instead of 8.5 gigs for $50 ($48 on Quebec plans which does not show in the account)

Then I scrolled down and read Luddites. "Yes you may switch provided you register a PQ address and PQ phone number🤣

So I took his part of the post as it's confirmed customers from Quebec can switch to the 8.5 gig plan for $50 and get 9.5 gigs.

So maybe I read the part wrong 🤷‍♂️🤔

However whether I read that part wrong. What does that have to do with change now or at next renewal? If Quebec customers are entitled to the 9.5 gigs and schedule a change at next renewal would the not get it? Then mods can-do adjustments in the background?

I'm in Quebec my plans don't even display as the Plans on the website. Ex: $13, $23, etc,etc $48.

You'd think what displays on the website would display in Quebec account under change plans.

Screenshot_20201202_212612.jpg

Anywho I don't even know what I am posting now made any sense. I'm taking a break from concentration tonight 😂

@Jb456 wrote:

@Kayvee  remember 2 ways to change a plan. Pick accordingly!

Click change plan then pick a new plan.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

The immediate vs. scheduled change information is good advice. However, in the case of the regional price plans, existing customers cannot currently make these changes themselves. The plans are listed as available options in the self serve account.

@Kayvee  remember 2 ways to change a plan. Pick accordingly!

Click change plan then pick a new plan.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Kayvee Yes, you may switch provided you register a PQ address and get a PQ phone number. 🤣    Just change the province to PQ to see the local offers https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans#plans-start

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sbk1441
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately you are probably limited to what is available to you when you change plans within your self-serve account. If the plan is available in QC this could be why it isn't available to you. Otherwise, try contacting a moderator and see if you can be placed on this plan, it could have something to do with the new Black Friday deals. FYI: did you see the bonus gifts available to everyone on the front page of Public Mobile? You can get an additional free 2gb of data and 500 INTL minutes as Add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kayvee wrote:

Hello everyone 

Thanks

That seems to be a Quebec only plan.

The $48 is shown as the autopay already netted out. ie. It's the $50 plan and if you add autopay then you get the $2 reward.

Since you're already on the 8.5, I wonder if you could ask to be changed over to the 9.5. (as long as you have autopay)

@Kayvee wrote:

Hello everyone 

Thanks

I'm assuming that you're in Quebec and this plan is only offered there. Catherine_T confirmed that existing customers could get the $30 plan but I have not read anything about the regional $50 9.5GB plan for existing customers. At the very least, you would have to get the moderators to put you on the correct plan.  @Catherine_T , can you clarify?

Need Help? Let's chat.