cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would i lose my promotion after plan change

JBD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I joined public mobile in Dec, 2019 with a promo of a re-occurring 1gb a month on plans $35 and higher.

I would like to update my old $35 plan with the new $35 plan (extra 1gb).

Would i lose my promotion?

The confusion stems from the terms and conditions of the promotion. The announcement post of the promotion states that i would be able to keep the promo, as long as the plan is $35 or higher

1.png

However on the actual terms and conditions, that point is not present, and instead only states that it will only be kept on "eligible rate plans" of $35 and higher.

2.png

I guess a good question to ask is: what counts as an eligible rate plan, and would the new $35 plan be considered an eligible rate plan for this promotion?

Thanks kindly

J

23 REPLIES 23

Mira0611

Thanks a lot, much easier and faster. 
Mira

@Mira0611 

Welcome to public mobile!

I'm happy to see you joined the community and are learning all about pm and your services. An FYI....to tag a certain member when replying just tap the "@" key for pop up box to appear with usernames in it. If the members name doesn't appear keep typing until it does and then tap on it.

Mira0611

Hi, I am new to PM, just started on October 13th and i am learning a lot just reading comments. Yours was one of them, very informative. 
Thank you.

Mira

@Anonymous 

Thank you. Well it better not happen to me.....or a formal complaint will be made if my messages are deleted. Deleting communication between the provider ( like phone call conversations that are recorded with customer service reps) are used as a basis of evidence in CCTS complaints. This is a larger issue than it may seem.....but one I personally would request pm investigate if it happened to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : My primary point of saying anything was to indicate that everything here is their's. I had gone back to review responses from the mod only to discover that the whole conversation was gone. So yes, they can do anything...it's theirs to do with as they wish. Other mods that I have asked things of did not do this. But I don't know if any others do.

@Anonymous 

That is good knowledge to know but can I assume that a moderator can only delete their own messages? Or can they delete ours as well?

The moderator in question made a gigantic gaffe posting in the lounge that was subsequently deleted by him so I'm not surprised he does the same in private messaging I just didn't think moderators would do that or even if its ethical to do so. But like his public gaffe I will be sure to do the same with any private messaging with him.....screenshot it.

JBD

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : Yup. First hand knowledge. Not all do, as I said. It's why I _try_ not to say _too_ much in pm.

Thanks for the insight, i didn't know this was possible as well.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : Yup. First hand knowledge. Not all do, as I said. It's why I _try_ not to say _too_ much in pm.

Hmmm... it's all coming full circle now.    Got it.   😉

So now we have PM's motto, which is Less for Less.

And our own Community motto, which might be Less is Best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, @JBD 

I've personally had experience with a Bell representative where they verbally advised me of a benefit of a certain plan, yet the Service Agreement made no mention of it.

I asked them to print the Service Agreement, and had them physically write, date, and sign the agreement to indicate the provision they stated would apply - they did.   And they also had to subsequently make that change on their system for it to get put into place.   (gotta read that darn fine print... which gets harder and harder with age...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBD : We're not sales reps. We're a bunch of enthusiasts that want fellow customers to maximize their experience here. You have the evidence on your side. I'd scream ....dy ...der (apparently this place doesn't like the word for a flock of crows 🙂 ) if they violated that wording or weaseled out with some made up definition of eligible. Escalate, escalate.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@JBD wrote:

Haha, thank you for the tip and also some steps on how to proceed.

One thing that has happened in the past with a different service provider is that i got signed up on one plan based on the advice that a sales rep has provided, and then after i got billed, i tried to contest it, but they pointed to the terms and conditions of the plan and there was very little recourse to take there-after.

I'm just concerned cause this is the same situation as before, so this time i want to do as much research before actually doing any action. Your advice helps a lot though in terms of gathering documentation in case i do need to contest it.

Hi @JBD if you really want to be sure, contact the moderators.  Whatever they say, you have it in writing.  edit:  maybe take a screenshot and save it.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take 2 to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

Cheers

RosieR 

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : Eddy_G cleans up after himself romping all over your private messages. Just  sayin'. Not all do. @JBD : keep that screenshot to yourself locally.

@Anonymous 

Moderators can actually DELETE messages from them which may be in our own Private Message box?  You know this from 1st hand knowledge?  It's not just that older messages drop off or if a Mod is no longer employed, messages are wiped....

Hmmm... interesting hint - thanks.

Then yes, screenshot & keep for sure!!!

JBD

Haha, thank you for the tip and also some steps on how to proceed.

One thing that has happened in the past with a different service provider is that i got signed up on one plan based on the advice that a sales rep has provided, and then after i got billed, i tried to contest it, but they pointed to the terms and conditions of the plan and there was very little recourse to take there-after.

I'm just concerned cause this is the same situation as before, so this time i want to do as much research before actually doing any action. Your advice helps a lot though in terms of gathering documentation in case i do need to contest it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Eddy_G cleans up after himself romping all over your private messages. Just  sayin'. Not all do. @JBD : keep that screenshot to yourself locally.

@Anonymous wrote:

@JBD : Their have been numerous reports of erroneous and conflicting replies from moderators. Do the change. If it drops...scream...with your evidence. 🙂

@JBD 

OR, ask the Moderators, get the answer that you'll be fine making the change to retain the 1GB, screenshot it and don't delete it from your Private Message box.

This way, if it doesn't appear after the plan change, you'll have the Moderator reply to the contrary to support your right to receiving it.

😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBD : Their have been numerous reports of erroneous and conflicting replies from moderators on any number of topics. Do the change. If it drops...scream...with your evidence. 🙂

@JBD 

The best course of action has been supplied by @Anonymous but you may want to take a screenshot of your promotional data as evidence just in case something goes wrong at renewal with the plan change so you can present it to the moderators if you have to ask for it to be added back.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JBD 

To be sure, just ask the Moderators.

The terms uses the phrase   " 'eligible' rate plan of $35 or higher ... ".    I'd want to be sure the one you're wanting to move to is considered 'eligible'.   (although i'm sure it probably is...)

Here's how to ask:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBD : I would totally "risk" it. The wording is clear. The specific legal definition of "eligible" shouldn't matter as they're getting their money anyway.

JBD

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, i thought about risking it but unfortunately i've been screwed over in the past with other service providers (havent experienced anything bad with public mobile thus far), and i also do like this promo a lot - its what got me and my family to switch over.

Just wanted to do some research beforehand to minimize the risk of losing the promo. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBD : Seems you're good as long as you stay at or above $35. Change to the new one and if that promo drops then tell the moderators to put it back. You've found all the evidence you need. Good job.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JBD wrote:

Hi,

I joined public mobile in Dec, 2019 with a promo of a re-occurring 1gb a month on plans $35 and higher.

I would like to update my old $35 plan with the new $35 plan (extra 1gb).

Would i lose my promotion?

The confusion stems from the terms and conditions of the promotion. The announcement post of the promotion states that i would be able to keep the promo, as long as the plan is $35 or higher

1.png

However on the actual terms and conditions, that point is not present, and instead only states that it will only be kept on "eligible rate plans" of $35 and higher.

2.png

I guess a good question to ask is: what counts as an eligible rate plan, and would the new $35 plan be considered an eligible rate plan for this promotion?

Thanks kindly

J

@JBD , I think you have your Official answer all summed up.

Now UNOfficially, not sure, it may stay, but YMMV!

Need Help? Let's chat.